Windows 10: links in emails

Discus and support links in emails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I received an email with a link to a form I am required to fill out. However the link does not open but I get the message "you will need a new app to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeithMuller1, Feb 7, 2020.

1. links in emails

I received an email with a link to a form I am required to fill out. However the link does not open but I get the message "you will need a new app to open this wlmailhtml. What app do I need??

:)

KeithMuller1, Feb 7, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

links in emails [​IMG]

links in emails [​IMG]

weybrew, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to open links in emails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links from emails. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which email client are you using to access your emails i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail?
    • Were you able to open links from emails earlier?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to try changing the Default web browser and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Change default programs in Windows 10

If you are facing this issue in Microsoft Outlook, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Pete1burn Win User

links in emails

Build for a friend

Can't link directly to a wish list. You need to email it to yourself and then post the link it gives you there. Then I'll look at it. *Smile links in emails :) It's obvious you're suggesting an i7 build though. hehe

Pete1burn, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

links in emails

1. links in emails - Similar Threads - links emails

2. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  3. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  4. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  6. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  7. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?: Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file....
  8. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?: Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file....
  9. aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails: Hi Aol keeps revamping its email, always for the worse. they now add an image to an any link one copies and pastes. there is the option in the upper right hand corner to remove it after the fact.i was hoping someone here might know how to prevent the image to begin with....
  10. aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails

aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails: Hi Aol keeps revamping its email, always for the worse. they now add an image to an any link one copies and pastes. there is the option in the upper right hand corner to remove it after the fact.i was hoping someone here might know how to prevent the image to begin with....