Windows 10: Links in Mail open slowly

Discus and support Links in Mail open slowly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the last few days, when I click on a link in an email on Mail, it takes 30 seconds or so for the page to come up. Links used to open immediately,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RogerBlair1, May 8, 2020.

1. Links in Mail open slowly

For the last few days, when I click on a link in an email on Mail, it takes 30 seconds or so for the page to come up. Links used to open immediately, but now they don't. I'm running Version 16005.12624.20368.0 of Mail on Windows 10, and my default browser is Firefox. I'd give you the build number, but I can't get Settings>System>About to come up, which also puzzles me--I don't know if This is related to my main problem or not. What has happened?

:)

RogerBlair1, May 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Links in Mail open slowly :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 8, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 8, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Links in Mail open slowly

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Links in Mail open slowly

1. Links in Mail open slowly - Similar Threads - Links Mail open

2. File explorer opens slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opens slowly.: Recently I've noticed that file explorer has been taking a few moments to open when I open it from an app like chrome opening the downloads folder, or Aseprite to save files. When I open file explorer itself from the icon it opens instantly, but opening from an app it takes...
  3. Windows 10 mail links not opening correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail links not opening correctly: If I receive an email with with either a web link or an attachment and click on it does not full open the associated app Edge, Picture, Adobe, Word but it does cause the app to appear on the tool bar and to be highlighted indicating that the app has been selected. Clicking on...
  4. How to open email link with microsoft mail

How to open email link with microsoft mail: Hi, I accidentally chose chrome as my predefined app to open email links, how can I change it?? Edit: Nevermind, I found it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-email-link-with-microsoft-mail/95387b32-d819-4fbd-972c-8590482def7f
  5. Mail App stopped opening Links

Mail App stopped opening Links: I got this info[ATTACH] and this which I don't have the enough skills to understand yet, by the way is from the new visor app: { "ver": "4.0", "name": "Microsoft.Outlook.Hx.Client.Common.UserInteractivity", "time": "2020-03-06T01:27:58.7288542Z",...
  6. Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links: Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Firefox. Although if I use another browser like for example, Edge, it opens normally like it did before this new...
  7. Mail links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail links: In the past, whenever I click on a link in an email I'm taken directly to my browser and the link tab opens. Now when I hit a link in and email I can see the tab open in the browser but the mail window remains on top. What setting has changed? Is it MS mail or in my...
  8. Opening up mail link in Default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opening up mail link in Default browser: Hello I run a website that includes a way to send email to members by clicking on an email link. When one of my clients clicks on an email link on a web site that is supposed to open a compose message in her email program, nothing happens, This is the page......
  9. Opening links in Microsoft Mail Version 17.8241.41275.0

in Browsers and Email
    Opening links in Microsoft Mail Version 17.8241.41275.0: I have two Comcast email accounts on Mail. I can open email links on Comcast site, but not in Mail. Any ideas how to do such? I have attached what I get when trying to open the link. 90825
  10. Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?: Is it possible to make it so that when you click on a link in Mail it is opened in Firefox rather than Edge? 80795