Windows 10: Links in Office Word

Discus and support Links in Office Word in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Word 2016 and I use it often to make notes to myself. Often in these word documents, I will put the link where I got the information. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Aug 28, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

Links in Office Word

I have Word 2016 and I use it often to make notes to myself. Often in these word documents, I will put the link where I got the information.

How do I click on this link to open a browser to that link. Right nothing happens when I click on it and it does NOT give me any clue as to how to make it open that link in the browser.

A little help please.

:)

huffman, Aug 28, 2019

2. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Office And Light Gaming Build

There's nothing wrong with the build, but I have some suggestions to, IMHO, make it better:
    • You list a 550 watt PSU, but you have a 51 watt CPU and a GPU that pulls 120 watts at the max. In other words, your system will pull under 200 watts at maximum load, which it sounds like will be rarely. PSU's are most efficient between 50-80%, and even at max load, this system won't reach 50%. Suggest a PSU 400 watts or less, like the Seasonic G-360.
    • RAM's really cheap. Suggest getting 16 GB instead.

thebluebumblebee, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Links in Office Word

Issues with Microsoft Office Word

Hello Clerk,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• Are you trying to open any particular Word document, or does the issue occur while trying to launch Microsoft Office application in Windows?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the below Microsoft Help link can resolve the issue.

Repair an Office application

Further on, reply with the results in the Office Forum, where we have support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge on such issues.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Links in Office Word

1. Links in Office Word - Similar Threads - Links Office Word

2. Word problem with links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word problem with links: I am formatting a Word file for a print edition for a book with links from the table of contents. The table of contents links appear as {PAGEREF _Toc143854917 \h} etc. I know I can select each one and hit shift-F9 to correct it, but why is this happening? Have never had this...
  3. Word problem with links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word problem with links: I am formatting a Word file for a print edition for a book with links from the table of contents. The table of contents links appear as {PAGEREF _Toc143854917 \h} etc. I know I can select each one and hit shift-F9 to correct it, but why is this happening? Have never had this...
  4. Office Word keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Word keys: Where can i get my office 2019 product key or how can i install the word application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-word-keys/e5c667dc-4712-4876-be05-dd32f1ba27c8
  5. word office

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    word office: Not working any more. Expired? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-office/1e127659-f543-453a-90b4-79675cafe92d
  6. Linking documents in word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Linking documents in word: I have used this forum once in the past and was happy with the response and the solution. I am one of those old guys who learns what is necessary to complete the job at hand, no formal training in Word. I am an Access programmer however. I have written some 50 word documents...
  7. Linking documents in word

in Windows 10 Support
    Linking documents in word: I have used this forum once in the past and was happy with the response and the solution. I am one of those old guys who learns what is necessary to complete the job at hand, no formal training in Word. I am an Access programmer however. I have written some 50 word documents...
  8. Links in Office Word

Links in Office Word: I have Word 2016 and I use it often to make notes to myself. Often in these word documents, I will put the link where I got the information. How do I click on this link to open a browser to that link. Right nothing happens when I click on it and it does NOT give me any clue...
  9. office-word-pins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office-word-pins: Word is automatically unpinning my documents each time i open them. can someone tell me how to turn off this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-word-pins/a96eb56c-865d-4e50-95de-ee1cbc12e8a0
  10. Office/Word not working

Office/Word not working: When I originally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the Microsoft Office/Word I had with Windows 7 continued to work with Windows 10. But then I did a clean install of Windows 10, after which I added the Microsoft Office which I had stored on a thumb drive. When I added...