Windows 10: Links inside Windows 10 Notifications stopped working

Discus and support Links inside Windows 10 Notifications stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've allowed some websites (e.g. Dansdeals.com) to send Notifications to my Windows 10 laptop. The notifications come in and I can see them listed with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mick611, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Mick611 Win User

Links inside Windows 10 Notifications stopped working

I've allowed some websites (e.g. Dansdeals.com) to send Notifications to my Windows 10 laptop. The notifications come in and I can see them listed with the Subject Line when I click on the Notifications Icon. All well and good, however these notifications contain a Link to a page on their website associated with the Subject Line.

Clicking on the Notification used to bring up my browser directly to that specific web page. This functionality has recently stopped working, i.e., clicking on the Notification now Does Nothing except make the Notification go away. I don't know of anything that has changed to cause this problem. My browser is turned on in the "Get notifications from these senders" list under Settings/Notifications & actions. I have also confirmed that my browser IS allowed to pass through my Firewall.

What is causing this problem?

:)

Mick611, Oct 18, 2018

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 18, 2018
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 18, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Links inside Windows 10 Notifications stopped working - Similar Threads - Links inside Notifications

2. Windows Phone Link - Messages Send Notification not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Phone Link - Messages Send Notification not working: Hello,I have successfully paired my Windows 10 machine with my Samsung S22. All notifications are enabled, both on the Windows 10 end and the S22 Link to Windows app end. Notifications for the app in general settings are also enabled.However, in the Windows Phone Link app,...
  3. Windows Phone Link - Messages Send Notification not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Phone Link - Messages Send Notification not working: Hello,I have successfully paired my Windows 10 machine with my Samsung S22. All notifications are enabled, both on the Windows 10 end and the S22 Link to Windows app end. Notifications for the app in general settings are also enabled.However, in the Windows Phone Link app,...
  4. Notifications and calendar stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications and calendar stopped working: I click on the clock \ date icon on the taskbar, nothing opens ...After clicking on the clock \ date icon, the following error immediately appears in the logs:Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.22621.608, timestamp: 0xac8d8a36Faulting module...
  5. Notifications and calendar stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications and calendar stopped working: I click on the clock \ date icon on the taskbar, nothing opens ...After clicking on the clock \ date icon, the following error immediately appears in the logs:Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.22621.608, timestamp: 0xac8d8a36Faulting module...
  6. Windows 10 Notifications stop working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications stop working.: I use windows 10 notifications for discord, so when I get a message or ping it shows up on my monitor. This works most the time but not always. After a reboot I notice I have to go into task manager and restart Windows Explorer or sometimes go into Notification settings and...
  7. Outlook Notification stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook Notification stopped working: After we have updated to the latest version of windows. The outlook notification suddenly stopped. I have checked the settings and it has configured properly. Anyone has the same experience? submitted by /u/lunarcat__ [link] [comments]...
  8. Links to Windows stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links to Windows stopped working: This worked so well that I used in in lieu of Samsung Flow....until it doesn't. My phone is linked to my pc. I can send a tab from Edge or Firefox from my pc TO my Note10 without issue. However, every time I attempt the opposite, sending a tab from the Note to the pc, I get...
  9. Taskbar notifications stopped working

Taskbar notifications stopped working: I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon no longer displays the badge with the unread message count. I didn't change anything in settings, but have already checked to make sure these notifications are turned on...
  10. Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working

Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working: Hi All, We're running Windows 10 Education 1809 build 17763.503 and following from our upgrade from 1709 desktop toast notifications has completely stopped on a select few workstations. However, they work fine when connected via remote desktop I have: Made sure...