Windows 10: Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first???

Discus and support Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, when using images as links in Onenote the links only ever show as links if i ctrl first!eg: 'mouse over hand'When i use emojis, Win key + . I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roger Sharp1, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first???

Hi, when using images as links in Onenote the links only ever show as links if i ctrl first!eg: 'mouse over hand'When i use emojis, Win key + . I can just mouse over then click.But when i want to use images jpg and png i have to ctrl + click for the link to work?Is this just the way things work in oneneote?

:)

Roger Sharp1, Jul 13, 2022
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first??? [​IMG]

Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first??? [​IMG]

weybrew, Jul 13, 2022
  3. john3650 Win User
    Delete File Link

All I want to do is remove a non working link from the quick access list. It will not unpin, and the options I have tried in the tutorial wont delete it. When clicked it shows the original error, if I drag the file to the list again, both links work, but if I unpin that one I am back to square one. This is only applicable to one link, the others are fine, and it has only happened since the AU.
    I would be happy to clear the whole list and start again, but the one link persists.

john3650, Jul 13, 2022
  4. jcloversX Win User

Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first???

All notifications links are all of a sudden bad links

@ Exfso

I tried to attach that same image that you loaded. Every blasted time is all I get now. I am giving up with notification-action from windows now. I am now just clicking on the notifications Bell from youtube webpage. I can also go through the subscription links also. Extra steps but what are you going to do ???????????? Since you use MS Edge then it can't be a browser issue. To get Ten Forums messages I am just going to windows webmail. I don't use the webmail for much I prefer gmail.com for my email. Windows Defender runs scans on a daily or at least every other day and nothing is coming up about a virus.

Other people have tried to be helpful but all their suggestions relate to NOT GETTTING NOTIFICATIONS. But you are having the same problem I am having. The Action center is showing the notifications but when we click on the link we are getting the goofy monkey with the magnifying glass and #404 errors which means the file or link cannot be found.

jcloversX, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first???

1. Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first??? - Similar Threads - Links never show

2. Link Samsung Android to Win 11 using Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link Samsung Android to Win 11 using Phone Link: Phone link App appears to work correctly.Issue arises when I attempt to launch and use Phone Link on my Win 11 device.Specifically, it shows one email account that is identified as a Family member w/in my MS Account I'm master. When opened, it shows the email address, and the...
  3. Unable to use Ctrl-A to highlight Zoom link in iCloud for Windows appointment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use Ctrl-A to highlight Zoom link in iCloud for Windows appointment: I use iCloud for Windows on my laptop and desktop so I can sync appointments with iPhone and iPad.Since I am on a LOT of Zoom calls, I create the appointment then copy the Zoom link into the appointment.Up until a couple of weeks ago, I could open the appointment on laptop or...
  4. Unable to use Ctrl-A to highlight Zoom link in iCloud for Windows appointment

Unable to use Ctrl-A to highlight Zoom link in iCloud for Windows appointment: I use iCloud for Windows on my laptop and desktop so I can sync appointments with iPhone and iPad.Since I am on a LOT of Zoom calls, I create the appointment then copy the Zoom link into the appointment.Up until a couple of weeks ago, I could open the appointment on laptop or...
  5. Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links never show as links using jpg and png. Have to ctrl first???: Hi, when using images as links in Onenote the links only ever show as links if i ctrl first!eg: 'mouse over hand'When i use emojis, Win key + . I can just mouse over then click.But when i want to use images jpg and png i have to ctrl + click for the link to work?Is this just...
  6. use ctrl to clear click or tap to follow link balloon

use ctrl to clear click or tap to follow link balloon: click or tap to follow link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-ctrl-to-clear-click-or-tap-to-follow-link/7dc2800f-0723-417a-944f-8f2e116b7f1e
  7. Link for downloading windows 10 first version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Link for downloading windows 10 first version: Hello, I wanted to download and compare the first public version of Windows 10 to the current version. Is there a link for downloading the first version which is public and stable also? submitted by /u/jaded539scorpion [link] [comments]...
  8. JPG/PNG images showing blank paper? HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    JPG/PNG images showing blank paper? HELP: [ATTACH] So, after messing around with uninstalling programmes and trying to delete previous extensions to certain files my JPEG and PNG files are now showing... nothing (See image) Please HELP. I just want to be able to see what it is :( Pretty sure ive messed something...
  9. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  10. Can I "print to jpg / png ? "

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I "print to jpg / png ? ": I find that In windows every time I try to print something there is a great option -- Print to PDF I wonder if I can print to jpg or png too ? What is the best and the most official advice of doing this? Does it require third party software? Note: I don't want to...