Windows 10: Links not working...

Discus and support Links not working... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not sure if this is just an application issue or if it is linked to Operating System settings, so I am posting here. The default behavior in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HenryStock, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Links not working...

I am not sure if this is just an application issue or if it is linked to Operating System settings, so I am posting here.

The default behavior in my Outlook 2010 email application was that if there were URL links in any incoming messages, if I simply clicked on that link, the system would open my default application for web browsing and populate it with the URL from the email message. My default application for web browsing is and has been Google Chrome. But something has changed in the system such that the system is no longer opening the web browser and showing me the linked URL. In fact, I have to copy the link and then open the browser myself and then paste the URL in order to see it.

So I don't know if this is an Outlook setting that has changed or if it is something within the OS that is preventing this from happening.

I have verified that Chrome is still the default app for web browsing.

It may be a Chrome issue because when I try to open a new window in Chrome from the task bar, that also fails. I am just not sure how to fix it. Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall, but I don't want to lose my favorites.

:)

HenryStock, Sep 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 11, 2019
  3. mdmike52 Win User
    "All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored?

At some point my "All apps" button has stopped working. Clicking on it causes the apps list to flash very very briefly then dumps me back to home screen. Everything else seems to work OK.
    Anyone know where the links in that list of apps is stored? I'm thinking one of the links is broken causing the whole list to shut down, and if I remove links from the list one by one I can find it. That's the only thing I can think to try.
    Unfortunately no restore points exist and Repair tools like Startup Repair Etc. does not help.
    Any other Ideas / Suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

mdmike52, Sep 11, 2019
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Links not working...

"All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored?

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Thema:

Links not working...

1. Links not working... - Similar Threads - Links working

2. has anybody managed to get Link to Windows or Your Phone Companion or whatever to work with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    has anybody managed to get Link to Windows or Your Phone Companion or whatever to work with...: The publicised 'integration' between the Samsung Note 10 and Windows 10 seems to be impossible to use. It's impossible to get beyond the page that helpfully says 'Stuck on this page?'. Has anybody ever got beyond that?...
  3. USB Devices not working And Unknown usb device (Link in Compilance mode){Error Code: 43}

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices not working And Unknown usb device (Link in Compilance mode){Error Code: 43}: Hi! I am having a issue with my Toshiba laptop. My laptop is not detecting any type of USB device I plug. When i start my Device my Mouse light blinks for a second but when windows run it stop blinking and stop working.I have tried every solution available on internet i.e...
  4. all links to the web stopped working in windows mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    all links to the web stopped working in windows mail: Hi, Within the last few days all links to the web stopped working in windows mail. If I access the email thru the servers, yahoo or hotmail, the links will function. I am using Windows 10 v1803. There are no options in the settings to, well do anything. Can anyone offer...
  5. Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10: I have purchased a laptop with Windows 10, installed Office 2003 (too old to learn a new package and too mean to pay a yearly fee for MS Office 365), removed Office 365. Outlook 2003 working well. Imported Contacts via a .pst file. I am trying to use Blackberry Link to...
  6. Outlook links not working

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook links not working: Clicked on a link in Outlook, get the message This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. This is after updating to 1903. How do I fix this? 134629
  7. Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie

in Browsers and Email
    Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie: I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. Recently, I updated Sanboxie from version 5.26 to 5.28. As soon as I did, when I clicked on a link in a sandboxed Thunderbird email, I got the message that I attached below. Several people at the Sandboxie forum said they had the same...
  8. Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie: I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. Recently, I updated Sanboxie from version 5.26 to 5.28. As soon as I did, when I clicked on a link in a sandboxed Thunderbird email, I got the message that I attached below. Several people at the Sandboxie forum said they had the same...
  9. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Browsers and Email
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  10. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Windows 10 Support
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...