Windows 10: links on emial etc

Discus and support links on emial etc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi win 10 when I receive emails containing links , including from Epson, face book notifications etc clicking on the link abox comes up saying it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ken604, Apr 7, 2020.

1. ken604 Win User

links on emial etc

hi

win 10

when I receive emails containing links , including from Epson, face book notifications etc clicking on the link abox comes up saying it can't open the link, this did not happen in the past, so it must be some thing I have done,I can't find what!!!!! can you help please.

thanks in advance

ken

:)

ken604, Apr 7, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

links on emial etc [​IMG]

links on emial etc [​IMG]

weybrew, Apr 7, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Azhar Win User

links on emial etc

RPi2 from Windows cross compilation Error "The test for linking against libxcb failed!"

Error in Cross Compilation, I am using Qt5.0, Windows10, Raspberry Pi 2.
    I was following this tutorial and the process failed at step 16 and tried with its suggestion but cannot find a solution.

Error prompted after step 16 is:

Running configuration tests...
    The test for linking against libxcb failed!
    Use of pkg-config is not enabled, maybe you want to pass -force-pkg-config?
    You might need to install dependency packages for libxcb.
    See src/plugins/platforms/xcb/README.

and when I printed log in file as tutorial suggested, there are some errors mentioned like:

• cc1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-fuse-ld=gold'
    • error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    • etc.

I tried but still find no solution.

Azhar, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

links on emial etc

1. links on emial etc - Similar Threads - links emial etc

2. The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...: I was having trouble logging in - Windows was refusing to do this even though everything had been fine for years. In playing with the computer I created a temporary user. But then things got straightened out and I could log into my account. The trouble is, the standard...
  3. The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...: I was having trouble logging in - Windows was refusing to do this even though everything had been fine for years. In playing with the computer I created a temporary user. But then things got straightened out and I could log into my account. The trouble is, the standard...
  4. The standard folders: Pictures, Videos, Documents etc link to the temporary user /Temp and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Trojans/worms/Bad CAs/useless apps, etc, etc, etc......

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Trojans/worms/Bad CAs/useless apps, etc, etc, etc......: Hello. First off, Don't give me this use your Virus scanner ****. Windows is full of **** that can be exploited and lately the hackers have upped their game. They all over the net and they are ALWAYS one step ahead by nature.I have no doubt i had/have a some type of "hack",...
  6. e mail of links off web sites etc not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    e mail of links off web sites etc not working: why when I try and share something via e mail on a web site does it not come through.. tried testing it by sending it to myself but nothing comes! using windows 10 and g mail and google chrome.. have had this problem before and was fixed but gone again.. very annoying...
  7. Windows cannot access etc. etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access etc. etc.: Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I have, in the properties section...
  8. Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???: Hello. First of all, on a scale from 1 to 10, my computer skills are about 3+/-. So be gentle please. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My IP gives me free McAfee Internet Security with my plan. I see so many conflicting views regarding the idea that all one...
  9. Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc: I TRIED EVERY STUPID THING IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET. - Right CLick refresh on desktop (no) - Delete icon cache and every IconCache.db ****. (no) - revamp the last WIN Update (didnt worked) - installed the latest update (didnt work) - use "cleanmgr.exe" to remove...
  10. microsoft account, lost password, locked PC, etc. etc. etc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft account, lost password, locked PC, etc. etc. etc.: I have Windows 7 so had no idea how screwed up this could get. I've googled this for 3 hours and the simplest of answers will never be provided. No one seems to be able to think thoroughly on this. My 90 yr old dad has a hosed PC. It now has his login screen associated...