Windows 10: Links Restrictions

Discus and support Links Restrictions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am getting this when I try to click on links: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pryortimmons, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Links Restrictions

I am getting this when I try to click on links: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have never gotten that message before until today, but I just installed the latest update to Windows 10 yesterday. What's going on?

:)

pryortimmons, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Links Restrictions

getting past admit restrictions

Hi,

To isolate the cause of these unexpected restrictions, we just have a few questions:

• Do you get any error messages when you try to troubleshoot or download any drivers? If yes, we'd greatly appreciate a screenshot.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

• Which version of Windows 10 do you have on your computer?

Yolvi Ell, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Links Restrictions

1. Links Restrictions - Similar Threads - Links Restrictions

2. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  3. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  4. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audo not woking with phone calls through windows link: audo not woking with phone calls through windows link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audo-not-woking-with-phone-calls-through-windows/d5e7b28e-ce18-4e8c-a6ac-670dddcb9b95
  6. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

audo not woking with phone calls through windows link: audo not woking with phone calls through windows link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audo-not-woking-with-phone-calls-through-windows/d5e7b28e-ce18-4e8c-a6ac-670dddcb9b95
  7. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?

How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?: I need to download and print a contact's entire text thread for a legal matter. The Phone Link app only allows me the top recent conversations. It makes reference to a 3rd party message app but I use the installed app, Google or Android installed on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8....
  9. Microsoft Family bypass URL restriction by clicking link in Teams

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family bypass URL restriction by clicking link in Teams: I am blocking YouTube.com through MS Family on my son's Windows 10 laptop, which he is using for remote learning. His class uses MS Teams and he accesses it through MS Edge browser. I have disabled all other browsers since Edge is the only browser that supports site blocking....
  10. Can't open Office 2007 link for Templates - Operation Cancelled Due to Restrictions in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Office 2007 link for Templates - Operation Cancelled Due to Restrictions in...: I want to access a new office document template but when I click on the link "Templates on Office Online" the following appears "Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Contact your system administrator." I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR !!...