Windows 10: Links toolbar not working

Discus and support Links toolbar not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently added the links toolbar to my taskbar but I want to get rid of them but can't. I tried to remove them by clicking on "links" as you should,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/guci_geng, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Links toolbar not working

I recently added the links toolbar to my taskbar but I want to get rid of them but can't. I tried to remove them by clicking on "links" as you should, but they are still in effect (my pinned applications are still in the middle like I placed them) even though they are not checked. How do I remove the links?

submitted by /u/guci_geng
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/guci_geng, Nov 20, 2020
  2. colparis Win User

Modification date of link files (lnk) is updated when clicked, and if they are in a toolbar

I'm on Windows 10, and I customized a toolbar in my taskbar, with links to programs (Notepad, Paint, Calc, ...). The steps I followed are:

• Create a folder MyToolbar
    • In this folder, add the shortcuts to notepad.exe (notepad.lnk) and mspaint.exe (mspaint.lnk)
    • Right click on the taskbar, chose Toolbar, then New Toolbar
    • Chose the folder MyToolbar
    • A new toolbar is created in the taskbar
    Every time I click on one of these icons to launch a program, for example Notepad, the modification date of notepad.lnk in the folder MyToolbar is updated.

This is annoying: because of this behavior, the synchronization program I use updates this file each time I click on it.

Can you reproduce this bug? Any solution?

colparis, Nov 20, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Links toolbar not working

Security Flaw Discovered in Google Toolbar

A security flaw has been discovered in Google's Toolbar which could allow criminals to steal data or install malicious software onto people’s computers. The flaw works by exploiting the toolbar’s ability to install new buttons, and allows a hacker to potentially disguise malicious code as a legitimate button due to the fact that the toolbar does not perform adequate checks when buttons are being installed. To become a victim of the vulnerability, a user would have to be tricked into clicking a link which would open a new popup window asking them to install a custom button, which appears to be installed from a legitimate site such as Google. It then needs to be run from the toolbar, and a user would have to agree to downloading and running an executable. Given the number of steps involved, the flaw is not being treated as critical, and Google is already working on a fix for the problem.

Source: Yahoo! News

Jimmy 2004, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Links toolbar not working

1. Links toolbar not working - Similar Threads - Links toolbar working

2. All Links on Links Toolbar Marked as Internet Zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Links on Links Toolbar Marked as Internet Zone: For several months, all 42 links on my Links toolbar have been issuing a security alert when I use them. These are all links to apps on my computer no URLs. Most of the links came from software installers, perhaps via the desktop; a few have failed due to app updates, and I...
  3. All Links on Links Toolbar Marked as Internet Zone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Links on Links Toolbar Marked as Internet Zone: For several months, all 42 links on my Links toolbar have been issuing a security alert when I use them. These are all links to apps on my computer no URLs. Most of the links came from software installers, perhaps via the desktop; a few have failed due to app updates, and I...
  4. All Links on Links Toolbar Marked as Internet Zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why is toolbars not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is toolbars not working?: For some reason, my toolbar hasn't seemed to work. It never has, and I've always been curious. Does anyone know the answer to this issue? If anyone does, please reply.Thanks,GH...
  6. What folder contains the links that appear in the "Links" toolbar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What folder contains the links that appear in the "Links" toolbar?: That pretty much says it all. I have a folder on my desktop for Web Links, just pages I've saved to read later. I would like to transfer them to the toolbar named "Links" that appears on my Taskbar. I went through the File Explorer and under C:\Users\, found a folder named...
  7. Links toolbar on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links toolbar on Taskbar: I deleted all shortcuts on my links toolbar. How can I add new ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-toolbar-on-taskbar/2868487c-9f6a-4ca1-82f1-2e894542f30b
  8. Toolbar Links - how to not alphabetize

in Browsers and Email
    Toolbar Links - how to not alphabetize: Since installing Win10, I have not been able to order links in the groups on my toolbar in a non-alphabetical order, ie, in a preferred order that doesn't happen to be alphabetical. When I rearrange them, the next time I open the group, they return to alpha sort. How can I...
  9. How to use the "Links" toolbar with Windows Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to use the "Links" toolbar with Windows Edge?: The "Links" system tray tool bar works well with IE, displaying the links on the Favourites Bar as it is supposed to. However, I have not been able to get it to work with Edge - no Edge links are shown. Is there a way to get it to work? 101919
  10. Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize

in Windows 10 Support
    Toolbar links - how to not alphabetize: Since installing Win10, I have not been able to order links in the groups on my toolbar in a non-alphabetical order, ie, in a preferred order that doesn't happen to be alphabetical. When I rearrange them, the next time I open the group, they return to alpha sort. How can I...