Windows 10: Links wont open ... ??

Discus and support Links wont open ... ?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not in mails, words ... all over ! I have tried the methods out there ... nothing seems to work. No matter what browser I use as standard links... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by keldsor, Dec 12, 2019.

1. keldsor Win User

Links wont open ... ??

Not in mails, words ... all over !

I have tried the methods out there ... nothing seems to work.

No matter what browser I use as standard links will NOT open - the message is something like "Wont open - contact network administrator"

I see not cause ... maybe an automatic Windows update ... I dont know !

What can I do next ?

:)

keldsor, Dec 12, 2019

2. Links wont open

Hi Caleb,

The challenge that you are experiencing with opening links that you click on can occur due to several reasons, such as, browser issues, hyperlink issues, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • What's your default browser? Have you tried setting up a different browser as your default browser?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Dec 12, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Links wont open ... ??

windows edge wont open links in imported files

Hi Dougie,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get the same issue in Internet Explorer?
    • Does this issue occurs in particular links in Imported folder or with all links?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

If the issue persists you may follow the steps below and check the status of the issue.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do keep us updated to assist you better. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Links wont open ... ??

1. Links wont open ... ?? - Similar Threads - Links wont open

2. Certain external links wont open to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain external links wont open to Google Chrome: Hello,For the past month or so I have been having trouble opening links from external applications with my default web browser google chrome. When I try to click on a link or a button that redirects to links they do not do anything. If I instead copy the text of the url and...
  3. Certain external links wont open to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain external links wont open to Google Chrome: Hello,For the past month or so I have been having trouble opening links from external applications with my default web browser google chrome. When I try to click on a link or a button that redirects to links they do not do anything. If I instead copy the text of the url and...
  4. Links Wont Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links Wont Open: Hi,My computer is a Lenovo 9i running Windows Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045. Recently I started having problems opening new tabs in Chrome and Edge. For exmple today I got an email Gmail that referred me to a website. I clicked on the link...
  5. Links Wont Open

Links Wont Open: Hi,My computer is a Lenovo 9i running Windows Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045. Recently I started having problems opening new tabs in Chrome and Edge. For exmple today I got an email Gmail that referred me to a website. I clicked on the link...
  6. exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open

exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open: exe files won't open browsers won't open regedit won't open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open and no safeboot all exe files turned white keeps asking how do you want to open this file...
  7. OPENING LINKS

OPENING LINKS: When i click on a ling to open a document, it goes straight to down load.Attached is an example. When I click on the link to read, it goes to downloadhttps://www.saarp.net/Rod...
  8. OPENING LINKS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OPENING LINKS: When I click on a link in a web site, it does not open.I have to right click it, then click " open link in a new window"What has gone wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-links/da5534e7-4749-4b2e-847e-4c3c7abf67fd
  9. HELP!!! UNINSTALLED FLASH- ALL LINKS ON MICROSOFT APPS e.g.word, outlook WONT OPEN LINKS IN...

HELP!!! UNINSTALLED FLASH- ALL LINKS ON MICROSOFT APPS e.g.word, outlook WONT OPEN LINKS IN...: HELP!!! UNINSTALLED FLASH- ALL LINKS ON MICROSOFT APPS e.g.word, outlook WONT OPEN LINKS IN CHROME. Adobe recently urged users to uninstall it it got discontinued. SO I DID. NOW LINKS ONLY OPEN ON MICROSOFT EDGE BROWSER and not chrome. I already tried everything. e.g....
  10. opening link.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    opening link.: my computer is somehow set to open new window instead opening a new tab. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/opening-link/e72bfcf5-58f9-4ae0-ba42-9e2c89735733