Windows 10: Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

Discus and support Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pjd, Feb 8, 2017.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome

But when I open the same URL in Edge it works - and after that it works in Firefox and Chrome.

When it happens, it's invariably at the most inconvenient time - e.g. on a link someone just sent me in an IRC connection.

Why is this so, and what can I do about it? Apart from ditching Firefox as my default browser in favour of Edge.

Fanx -

:)

2. Kem Mon Win User

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 8, 2017
  3. Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

When I log on to certain sites, certain links on those sites do not work.

On Facebook I can't click on the comment section in Chrome. I can in Edge

On Flickr I can't click on the pictures from a search or change any of the advanced search settings on either browser, but I can click the "view all 23,394" link and the search bar.

I've tried installing the latest version of Java and checking the Adobe Flash plugin and neither of those options has done anything.

jafreeman98, Feb 8, 2017
  4. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

Hi pjd

When is the last time you cleared up your history, cache, cookies and both Firefox and Chrome? Please give that a try and see if error persists.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 9, 2017
  5. PJD
    pjd Win User
    Hi Ken,

For Firefox I clean cookies and cache whenever it's closed, which is never less than once a day. I also run CCleaner once a week with these settings

i
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox [​IMG]

I won't be able to test until I get another instance of the problem, once Edge fixes them they stay fixed. I installed an Open Page with Edge extension in firefox which makes it easier to get Edge to 'fix' them. It's inevitable that now I've decided to find out why it's happening it will stop - happening. I suspect its something to do with security certificates etc. No proxy, VPN, Tor, or any of that crap.

Edge is blindingly fast compared with FF and GC - FF I can understand, it has a boatload of extensions, but GC only a has three, same as Edge - Last Pass, Evernote and a not very good RSS reader. Maybe I'll promote Edge to being my secondary browser.

Phil D

Thema:

Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

1. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox - Similar Threads - Links Edge Chrome

2. No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox: Doxy.me is a website for telemedicine. It's based on visual and aural interconnection. However, whenever I try to use it, whether on Edge, Firefox or Chrome, I'm told that camera access is denied. I'm using the automatically updated latest version of Windows 10 and the latest...
  3. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  4. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  5. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  6. Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If images are not loading in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browser on your computer, here is how you can get rid of the problem. Several reasons can cause this issue, and this article explains almost all the possible solutions so that you can get...
  7. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  8. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge: I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions? submitted by...
  9. How to make Flash work in Chrome, Edge, Firefox NOW

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Flash work in Chrome, Edge, Firefox NOW: [ATTACH]Adobe Flash was one of the game-changing technology that was rolled out decades ago. […] This article How to make Flash work in Chrome, Edge, Firefox NOW first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.: I'm having issues with both Firefox and MS Edge and I'm wondering if Chrome would be a better choice and if so would I be able to import my FF Favorites to Chrome? Thanks in advance for your help. 83073