Windows 10: Linksys AE1000 not working in new pc

Discus and support Linksys AE1000 not working in new pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm currently using a Linksys AE1000 usb wifi adapter to try and access my internet. I can't find any drivers for it for windows 10. It worked on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zorlonder, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Linksys AE1000 not working in new pc

I'm currently using a Linksys AE1000 usb wifi adapter to try and access my internet. I can't find any drivers for it for windows 10. It worked on my previous pc which I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 a year or two ago. Does anyone know where I can find drivers for this?

submitted by /u/Zorlonder
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zorlonder, Jan 13, 2021
  2. KHL
    khl Win User

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router.

I use a EA 7500 Linksys router with a windows 10 32-bit computer.

Until today, I was able to use a USB memory stick connected to the router as a network drive. However, when I tried swtching USB sticks, I could no longer use the memory stick as a network drive.

Here are the steps that I've taken: refreshed the USB stick in Linksys smart wifi, reset network discovery in Windows 10, tried using different USB ports on the router, reset and power cycled the router, and restarted the Windows 10 PC, tried refreshing router firmware. None of those steps made any difference.

The problem seems unsolvable, but there are hints from Linksys support that this is a known problem, and Linksys and Microsoft are passing the blame back and forth.

I got this response back from a Linksys support chat: "Linksys router feature request to update SMB to version 2, Win10 developers update changed SMB v1 to SMB v2.Precious Joy L: And we're aware of this issue."

The support chat person directed me to a Microsoft support page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709) claiming there was a solution there. I looked, and there was no solution.

If it helps, I got a case number of 10843700. However, the support people I contacted seemed to not understand the problem, and said I should contact Microsoft. Of cource, when Microsoft was contacted, they said if was a Linksys problem.

When I tried accessing the memory stick through an address, I got this error "windows can not access \\192.168.1.1"

I tried the steps at "Linksys Official Support - Setting up the Storage feature on a Linksys router with USB storage" That didn't work.

So I've tried several steps though Linksys support and given support reps detailed information, and nothing has worked and no one has been able to help.

What should I do next?

3. David C95 Win User
    BSOD: SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION in Windows 10

Ok I ran it, and it crashed on startup 4 times now, with 3 of those times giving me the following message:

DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION

ae1000w7.sys

I think I recognize this driver, it must be the driver that my network adapter (Linksys ae1000) uses.

Edit:

Pulledout the Linksys AE1000 to allow Windows to boot properly. Was able to log in and use the PC for a few minutes before it crashed again with a different message this time:

DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION

RTKVHD64.sys

David C95, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Linksys AE1000 not working in new pc

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Linksys AE1000 not working in new pc

1. Linksys AE1000 not working in new pc - Similar Threads - Linksys AE1000 working

2. Installed new Linksys Router, where do I find WPA2 Passcode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed new Linksys Router, where do I find WPA2 Passcode?: I am trying to connect a Smart TV to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-linksys-router-where-do-i-find-wpa2/06166da1-f65c-44f2-aecd-3f42c8ba7fdd
  3. Installed new Linksys Router, where do I find WPA2 Passcode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installed new Linksys Router, where do I find WPA2 Passcode?: I am trying to connect a Smart TV to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-linksys-router-where-do-i-find-wpa2/06166da1-f65c-44f2-aecd-3f42c8ba7fdd
  4. Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n: i need help in getting a driver for a Linksys wmp 600n PCI adapter linksys changed their website can't get drivers under the downloads and firmware section cisco website doesn't exist this is for a desktop computer running windows 7 home premium 64bit brand emachines...
  5. Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need drivers for Linksys Wmp600n: i need help in getting a driver for a Linksys wmp 600n PCI adapter linksys changed their website can't get drivers under the downloads and firmware section cisco website doesn't exist this is for a desktop computer running windows 7 home premium 64bit brand emachines...
  6. Linksys Extender Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linksys Extender Setup: Linksys extender setup extender.linksys.com increases the signal strength of the network. Nowadays, people use advanced and high-frequency WiFi routers to cover their internet needs. But In some places, the signal is weak, or no internet in this place. These areas are called...
  7. CISCO Linksys AE1000 drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CISCO Linksys AE1000 drivers.: I can't find drivers for my WIFI adapter on the internet nor on my computer. I'm using tethering on my phone but I need help quickly. Where do I download the drivers for my WIFI adapter? (I don't have the CD it came with) submitted by /u/superqwerty11112 [link] [comments]...
  8. New PC not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC not Working: So, just a few days ago I received a new PC I bought off eBay. For a couple days it worked fine but this afternoon it suddenly took a turn for the worst. At random times, mostly when I'm booting the PC up, the monitor says something about it having no signal, but the DVI...
  9. Setting up NAS on Linksys router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up NAS on Linksys router: Just recently replaced my old Linksys EA6400 router with a new EA8300 router, and going through the config screens, I saw one where I could set up a NAS using a USB stick. So, I inserted a 64GB USB3 stick into the router, formatted it, and created folders on it. The Linksys...
  10. linksys bluetooth network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    linksys bluetooth network adapter: what does the network adapter actualy do? So what is the Why we have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linksys-bluetooth-network-adapter/51090549-8ef8-45ce-9964-8f0cbce47fa6