Windows 10: Linksys Router: How to DISABLE THE GUI so I can manually setup?

Discus and support Linksys Router: How to DISABLE THE GUI so I can manually setup? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to custom configure a Linksys EA6100 and I cannot find a way to defeat the blasted GUI "smart" Setup to get to the real menus. There is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cognus, Jan 7, 2019.

1. cognus Win User

Linksys Router: How to DISABLE THE GUI so I can manually setup?

Trying to custom configure a Linksys EA6100 and I cannot find a way to defeat the blasted GUI "smart" Setup to get to the real menus. There is no "local settings" link on the GUI that some refer to. Is there a magic key sequence or something I need to use? No matter what I do, I get routed back to the dumb-dumb page
    pls help before I take a hammer to it. It ain't THAT good of a router to begin with....

:)

cognus, Jan 7, 2019

2. Linksys router

I just installed a Linksys router and have had nothing but trouble so far. I have a PC laptop with Windows 7 and Linksys is unable to connect to Windows. I have been on with tech support for 3 days now and still do not have the problems solved. Please
    help.

ElaineZulak, Jan 7, 2019
  3. hadimassa Win User
    Nokia 5800 WLAN Mac Filtering Issue with linksys router

Whitch Linksys are you using? If you enabled IGMP, DHCP and WPA/WPA2, I can only suggest to reset the router and download the latest firmware.

hadimassa, Jan 7, 2019
  4. LemP Win User

Linksys router

How about giving us a summary of what you've done so far with what results? Don't forget to include the model of the router.

Was this Linksys tech support or someone else (who)? What was their conclusion?

How are you trying to connect the router to the laptop -- wifi or Ethernet?

Please provide the complete text of any error messages you've received and explain the context in which the errors appear.

LemP, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Linksys Router: How to DISABLE THE GUI so I can manually setup? - Similar Threads - Linksys Router DISABLE

2. How can I connect my Linksys wifi extender after setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I connect my Linksys wifi extender after setup?: Recently, I did buy a Windows laptop from Microsoft, and I tried to set up Linksys Wifi Extender Setup on it, but I was unsuccessful. I made every effort to connect it to my laptop manually or using WPS, but it hardly ever worked. I have followed the steps given below to...
  3. How can I connect my Linksys wifi extender after setup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I connect my Linksys wifi extender after setup?: Recently, I did buy a Windows laptop from Microsoft, and I tried to set up Linksys Wifi Extender Setup on it, but I was unsuccessful. I made every effort to connect it to my laptop manually or using WPS, but it hardly ever worked. I have followed the steps given below to...
  4. Linksys Extender Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linksys Extender Setup: Linksys extender setup extender.linksys.com increases the signal strength of the network. Nowadays, people use advanced and high-frequency WiFi routers to cover their internet needs. But In some places, the signal is weak, or no internet in this place. These areas are called...
  5. Can only read not write to external drives connected to Linksys router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can only read not write to external drives connected to Linksys router: I've been putting off trying to get this fixed since August but I can't write to either of the 2 external drives that I have connected to my Linksys router. It worked fine until then and I still am baffled why it changed to read-only. If I go to the security tab on the...
  6. Can't write to NAS - Linksys router

Can't write to NAS - Linksys router: If I plug in my 2 NAS drives via USB to my laptop I have full permissions to read/write. However, if I hook them up via USB to my Linksys router, I can no longer write to the drives. I've beaten my head against the wall for months, just letting it go and not fixing it but...
  7. Can't migrate from Linksys E1200 router to E5400

Can't migrate from Linksys E1200 router to E5400: I have a non-wireless self-built Win 10 1903 tower computer with an ASUS B85M-E (no wireless) motherboard connected to a Cisco/Linksys E1200 modem-router that uses PPPoE to a cable modem connecting to the Web via fiber, which works mostly OK, but want to replace the E1200...
  8. Setting up NAS on Linksys router

Setting up NAS on Linksys router: Just recently replaced my old Linksys EA6400 router with a new EA8300 router, and going through the config screens, I saw one where I could set up a NAS using a USB stick. So, I inserted a 64GB USB3 stick into the router, formatted it, and created folders on it. The Linksys...
  9. Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?

Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?: The reason I ask is because last year, I had the 1900AC, and the front LED lights started going dim, so they replaced it and gave me a free upgrade to the 1900ACS. Well, the same thing has happened, and now they are giving me another replacement and upgrading me to the...
  10. Linksys Router: How to DISABLE THE GUI so I can manually setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Linksys Router: How to DISABLE THE GUI so I can manually setup?: Trying to custom configure a Linksys EA6100 and I cannot find a way to defeat the blasted GUI "smart" Setup to get to the real menus. There is no "local settings" link on the GUI that some refer to. Is there a magic key sequence or something I need to use? No matter what I...