Windows 10: Linux and Windows Free backup

Discus and support Linux and Windows Free backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Has anybody tried using this yet -- is it worth downloading and trying out. Apparently handles BOTH Linux AND Windows - Linux tends to use GUUIDS for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, Jan 14, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Linux and Windows Free backup

Has anybody tried using this yet -- is it worth downloading and trying out. Apparently handles BOTH Linux AND Windows - Linux tends to use GUUIDS for partitions so not sure what happens on restore --I'll try it to an external HDD and see later.

Redo Backup Redo Backup and Restore Features

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 14, 2015
  2. 8Quacfur Win User

5630 XpressMusic: How to sync/backup with Linux?

Hi,

how can I backup my phone data (contacts, calendar etc.) with Linux?

How can I sync the data with any Linux applications, such as Evolution?

Many thanks in advance!

PS: No, OVI does not run on Linux with Wine. I would prefer a free software/open source solution anyway.

8Quacfur, Jan 14, 2015
  3. Dual-booting

Well, Linux and Windows are not exactly the best of friends, but the last time I tried updating a dual boot Windows/Linux install, it worked. This was Windows 7 and Linux though. I would at a minimum make a backup.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2015
  4. LittleJay Win User

Thanks for the info Jimbo. Right now I don't have enough data left of my monthly allotment to spare the 250 mb download, but I will definitely give Redo a try at some point in the future.

LittleJay, Jan 14, 2015
  5. I tried RedoBackup on my Linux installs a while back -- and had mixed results.

On the older distro, RedoBackup worked fine.

On the newer distro, RedoBackup would crash, every time.

Since (last time I checked), this has not been updated since 2012, I quit trying.

I've heard that Macrium Reflect can now backup both Windows and Linux filesystems -- but I remain being a strong advocate of "the right tool for the right problem" and continue to use MR for Window backups and Clonezilla for Linux backups.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Linux and Windows Free backup - Similar Threads - Linux Free backup

2. Freeing space in the backup drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Freeing space in the backup drive: I have created a backup when I did a reformat last year using youtube tutorials. I have no idea what I was doing but I somehow ended up successful and it now works fine. Please take note that I do not have a background in software troubleshooting of this sort. The problem is...
  3. Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?: I've tried Easeus, AOMEI, and a few others, but can't figure out how to do an incremental backup. Basically I'd like to either backup my Disk or just the files and folders on my C:/ drive, and have the ability to do an incremental backup every week or so. Easeus says free...
  4. Edit Backup Plan for EaseUS Todo Backup Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Edit Backup Plan for EaseUS Todo Backup Free: My OS is Windows 10, 64-bit. I have created a backup plan using EaseUS Todo Backup Free v. 12.5.0.0. I don't remember if the backup type that I chose was Full, Differential, or Incremental... I have not been able to find a way to check the backup plan for that information....
  5. Free Email clients on Linux Guests

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Free Email clients on Linux Guests: Hi folks One of the best I've seen where you can actually set up accounts manually (Thunderbird now makes that a real pain) is Kmail (from KDE plasma desktop). You can also have decent menus as well in the client do the following -->show hidden files and then in file:...
  6. TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions

TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions: Hello, What a great Forum and folks. Sure do appreciate all the help I've received. Have a new HP Desktop running W10, and want to install a backup program on it. Will purchase an external HD for it. I see that: Best free backup software for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/vista -...
  7. TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions: Hello, What a great Forum and folks. Sure do appreciate all the help I've received. Have a new HP Desktop running W10, and want to install a backup program on it. Will purchase an external HD for it. I see that: Best free backup software for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/vista -...
  8. easeus todo backup free

easeus todo backup free: 14GB image for an MR image would make me check out the MR image in a hurry -- something must have gone wrong during the backup process; I guess that concept applies to EaseUS also.
  9. In search of free backup software

In search of free backup software: Few months back I lost all my favorites in Microsoft Edge. Some great folks here recommended I try a program called Recuva from the same folks that make Malwarebytes. Although I tried the program I was never able to recover my favorites file. So, I've learned my lesson and...
  10. Free file backup software

Free file backup software: Hi, Can anyone suggest a good free third party software for file backup.....? I googled it, but it seems that some free tools do not work well with W10. I have Macrium and use it for Imaging/Cloning, but the free version does not offer file backup. I would like to...