Windows 10: Linux booting problem after creating another partition

Discus and support Linux booting problem after creating another partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KimGomez, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:22 PM.

1. KimGomez Win User

Linux booting problem after creating another partition

I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10 1803, office suite and many apps. Since that moment I have been unable to log-in to Linux partition again. Currently I cannot boot up either Windows 10 nor Linux. Bootice and reinstalled MBR did not work as well. I received NTLDR Missing error. Help me to solve this booting issue.

:)

2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

4. Wile E Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

Yeah, but he's throwing OS X in there. Not quite as easy to do, but not all that hard. Manual configuration of GRUB is necessary.

Thema:

1. Linux booting problem after creating another partition - Similar Threads - Linux booting problem

2. Freezing 1 minute max after boot + restore while keeping Linux partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing 1 minute max after boot + restore while keeping Linux partition: My Windows installation is freezing shortly after login. (Mouse doesn't move, have to do a hard shut-down.) This doesn't give me the time to do any troubleshooting. My Kubuntu installation, which I use for my professional activities, works correctly also under heavy load. The...
  3. Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition: After deleting linux partition, windows is not loading up . It directly goes to grub rescue mode . I have tried all the tutorials in youtube and none help. Plz help.... ***Title modified from grub rescue mode***...
  4. Multi Boot Windows 10, another Windows 10 and then Linux

Multi Boot Windows 10, another Windows 10 and then Linux: I am looking to set up a multi boot of: Windows 10 Pro (Gaming)Windows 10 Pro (Development) With Visual Studio / MS SQL / IIS etc stuff I do NOT want running in my gaming environment.Linux (Development/Gaming) I have done Windows / Linux Before, but the boot menu was...
  5. Several orphaned drive partitions after failed linux dual boot install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Several orphaned drive partitions after failed linux dual boot install: Partitions can be merged only when next to each other.
  6. Problem with booting after partition management

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with booting after partition management: Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see: [img] I tried...
  7. Dual Boot - Will this create a problem?

Dual Boot - Will this create a problem?: I just upgraded to W10 from W7 using the free upgrade from MS. All is well. I would like to entertain a dual boot scenario to put W7 back on my HD. I have created a new partition for it, however, W7, and all the apps that came with it, are on 4 recovery disks that came with...
  8. Using EasyBCD to boot a Linux partition

Using EasyBCD to boot a Linux partition: Moderator: If this is the wrong forum for this question, please move this post to the right forum. Has anyone used EasyBCD to book a Linux partition? Can you post how you accomplished that. Thanks in advance.*Smile 58360
  9. After Partition was updated having problems with Booting

in Windows 10 Support
    After Partition was updated having problems with Booting: Let me start by saying I am not sure that this is the correct Forum to post this problem in. Some background: I upgraded my Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10 back in August 2015. Other than some minor issues/annoyances, it has worked reasonably well. Earlier this year I...
  10. another boot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    another boot problem: Acer laptop...Windows 10 Since installing Win 10 I have had the following issue: Boot with external power and the LT boots to show the Acer logo then goes to black screen and stays there....if I turn off external power it then continues to login window and all is...