Windows 10: Linux booting problem after creating another partition

Discus and support Linux booting problem after creating another partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KimGomez, Apr 15, 2019.

1. KimGomez Win User

Linux booting problem after creating another partition

I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10 1803, office suite and many apps. Since that moment I have been unable to log-in to Linux partition again. Currently I cannot boot up either Windows 10 nor Linux. Bootice and reinstalled MBR did not work as well. I received NTLDR Missing error. Help me to solve this booting issue.

:)

KimGomez, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Apr 15, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Wile E Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

Yeah, but he's throwing OS X in there. Not quite as easy to do, but not all that hard. Manual configuration of GRUB is necessary.

Wile E, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Linux booting problem after creating another partition - Similar Threads - Linux booting problem

2. Partition creating problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition creating problem: Hi,I've got a problem with creating a partition. I got 139GB of free space on my ssd disk. Trying to create a new partition but it is limited at 15GB.Even when I tried creating a 15GB partition this error occured.Tried creating a partition, in a third-party program but got an...
  3. Partition creating problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition creating problem: Hi,I've got a problem with creating a partition. I got 139GB of free space on my ssd disk. Trying to create a new partition but it is limited at 15GB.Even when I tried creating a 15GB partition this error occured.Tried creating a partition, in a third-party program but got an...
  4. Partition creating problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  6. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  7. Problem with creating partition

Problem with creating partition: Split from this thread.Need help to recreate the WinRE Partition.2021-07-20 12:28:46, Error CSI 00000001 F STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND #12# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectRegistryProvider::SysQueryValueKeyflags = 0, key = 9dc '\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup',...
  8. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition: Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff. It happened when I deleted 2 partitions from my SSD where kali linux was located, which I dual booted with Windows 10. I deleted the partitions from a...
  9. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  10. Using EasyBCD to boot a Linux partition

Using EasyBCD to boot a Linux partition: Moderator: If this is the wrong forum for this question, please move this post to the right forum. Has anyone used EasyBCD to book a Linux partition? Can you post how you accomplished that. Thanks in advance.*Smile 58360