Windows 10: Linux command in Windows PowerShell

Discus and support Linux command in Windows PowerShell in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When did Windows incorporate Linux command in PowerShell?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ng Kian Keong, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Linux command in Windows PowerShell

When did Windows incorporate Linux command in PowerShell?

:)

Ng Kian Keong, Nov 15, 2019
  2. graye Win User

Programatically execute remote commands from Linux server to Microsoft Windows server

Here is something to try....

PS: I have not tried this...

graye, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Linux command in Windows PowerShell

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Linux command in Windows PowerShell :)

Thema:

Linux command in Windows PowerShell

1. Linux command in Windows PowerShell - Similar Threads - Linux command PowerShell

2. Command / powershell -- split windows possible ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Command / powershell -- split windows possible ?: Hi folks I was wondering if its possible to to split the power shell or command line into multiple windows / tabs. Here's an example of what I'd like to do --here's a Linux terminal running in split mode : [img] Cheers jimbo 139638
  3. Powershell command for installing exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command for installing exe and msi: Can someone help me with powershell commands for installing some exe and msi files from a pendrive? I have apps like Cisco Jabber (MSI), Cisco AnyConnect (exe), Dell Command Update (MSI), and Webex Teams(MSI) I need to add to my powershell script to automatically install the...
  4. Powershell command for deleting everything EXCEPT for...

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command for deleting everything EXCEPT for...: Hey guys, just wondered if anyone could help me with this. So basically, I have a directory with a crap ton of subdirectories, each with a crap ton of files in them. The files all have widely varying names (they're all ZIP files so they have the same extension), and I only...
  5. Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 all come shipped with Windows PowerShell out of the box. Along with that, it came the older Command Prompt which was a successor to MS-DOS Command line. But often the presence of two command [...] This post Difference between...
  6. Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt: Don't these programs do essentially the same thing? Is there an advantage to use one over the other? Just curious. 119910
  7. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell": Hi! I'm using Windows 10 version 1807, In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and [Shift]+[Right Click] menu, And there's no option to get it back in Settings, only there's an option for [Alt]+[X] menu. I have to...
  8. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Hi, I have three drives in my PC. Two of them are SSD's and the third one is a mechanical HDD. I like to optimize them using Powershell. However, as it stands now. I'm running the commands separately for each of my drive, i.e. 1.) Optimize-Volume -DriveLetter C -ReTrim...
  9. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Good job, @lx07. Of course, you had the benefit of knowing the OP wanted to run the same command on 3 targets. Had I been armed with that same information, I might have made that same suggestion, too. That's why we're better working together than working individually. --Ed--
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838