Windows 10: Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM)

Discus and support Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks for those using Linux Hosts and want to try out a hypervisor (built in in typical Linux distros) where you can pass thru video / usb stuff to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jan 9, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM)

Hi folks
    for those using Linux Hosts and want to try out a hypervisor (built in in typical Linux distros) where you can pass thru video / usb stuff to guests - Windows 10 runs fine -- just follow steps in this link

Running Windows 10 on Linux using KVM with VGA Passthrough s Blog

It certainly is a lot easier and more flexible than HYPER-V and it doesn't need Windows PRO to run - so any machine with a Linux distro -- go for it.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 9, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor

Hi folks

If you have time here's another interesting little experiment.
    Linux also has it's own HYPERVISOR (almost counter part of HYPER-V in Windows). Actually it also has XEN but KVM IMO is easier to set up.

Citrix uses XEN and as I've had HIDEOUS experiences with Citrix in various workplaces I've given XEN a miss and gone for KVM as a test to play with.

Here's a way to get a Windows 10 guest running under KVM (or other VM's) but this link specifically deals with Windows 10

Windows 10 Virtualization with KVM

Have fun guys !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 9, 2019
  3. IvanFrey Win User
    Windows 10 Home as KVM guest?

I currently run Windows 7 as a KVM guest on top of Linux. Will I be able to do the same for Windows 10 Home?

IvanFrey, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

No, the RemoteFX adapter provides good enough 2D/3D acceleration just fine. Not software in any way, it is full hardware 2D/3D acceleration.
    I am not using a generic driver in the Host OS, nor in the Guest OS in any way.
    Host OS has latest AMD Radeon drivers, Guest OS - the matching RemoteFX drivers.

I am not 3D rendering or playing heavy games in the VM, of course. *Smile Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM) :)
    I do not use or need Linux here. Windows 10 Host, Windows Guests.

Naki, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM) - Similar Threads - Linux Host HYPERVISOR

2. KVM Hosts with newer kernels and Sound on Windows Guests - Sound fixed

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    KVM Hosts with newer kernels and Sound on Windows Guests - Sound fixed: Hi there If you are having trouble with Sound on Windows Guests when using KVM with recent kernels then install the gst-plugins-good as libvirt changed a bit. For Arch / Manjaro : sudo pacman -S extra/gst-plugins-good (or simply sudo pacman -S gst-plugins-good) and then...
  3. Windows guests no sound using VMWare on Linux Hosts after alsa update

Windows guests no sound using VMWare on Linux Hosts after alsa update: Hi folks Can't get any sound on Windows Guests (XP/W7/W10) on Linux Hosts after latest alsa (sound) / kernel updates. Sound on Host working perfectly, Windows VM's running on KVM also sound working perfectly on them too. Kernel is 5.10.13-arch1 Vmware workstation release...
  4. VMWare Windows Guest on Linux Host - start remotely from command line

VMWare Windows Guest on Linux Host - start remotely from command line: Hi folks I want to start a Windows guest (VMWare Wks) machine on a Linux Host michine - remotely -- the linux server is running "headless". I can logon from a remote Windows or Linux laptop via SSH - no problem but i'm confused as to start the VM. There is a command vmrun...
  5. Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS

Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS: Hi folks If you are playing around with KVM Hosts and want Windows VM's to have host access without going through all problems of creating bridges (not supported via KVM on WIFI anyway) here's a simple way to do it : The method works by defining a "Virtual network" and a...
  6. Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor)

Latest W10 build OK on KVM (Linux Hypervisor): Hi folks Got latest W10 insider build via UUPDUMP. I had troubles with this build using VMWare -- wouldn't install on Linux Host. Installed perfectly on Linux Host with KVM/QEMU Hypervisor Networking OK (you will need to set up a network bridge for total access between...
  7. KVM Linux VPS Hosting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KVM Linux VPS Hosting: Is there any best KVM Linux VPS hosting providers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/kvm-linux-vps-hosting/d176f644-031c-4867-888f-1ad7a5a47130
  8. Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host

Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host: Hi folks Here's a recent build of Windows 10 running on the Linux HYPERVISOR (equivalent to Windows HYPER-V) KVM -- it's built into the kernel so all the extra packagres are available to run this. The main problem is to create a network bridge (equivalent to HYPER-V external...
  9. running calibre (great ebook manager) on a LINUX guest / host

running calibre (great ebook manager) on a LINUX guest / host: Hi folks If you have a Linux guest / host with a GUI then it's simple to run Calibre -- really great FREE ebook manager and converter. as roou (su) type following command "# wget -nv -O- https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.sh | sh /dev/stdin" Ignore the...
  10. Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor

Windows 10 Virtualisation on Linux via KVM Hypervisor: Hi folks If you have time here's another interesting little experiment. Linux also has it's own HYPERVISOR (almost counter part of HYPER-V in Windows). Actually it also has XEN but KVM IMO is easier to set up. Citrix uses XEN and as I've had HIDEOUS experiences with Citrix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which linux distro for hypervisor host 2019

2. linux transparent hypervisor windows

3. linux hypervisor windows guest

4. windows pro hyper-v vs linux kvm,
  5. hipervisor 2019 vga passthrough,
  6. hyper-v passthrough linux,
  7. best hypervisor for win 10,
  8. kvm linux hosting windows 10