Windows 10: Linux installation error regarding RST

Discus and support Linux installation error regarding RST in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am attempting to setup dual boot with the latest distro of ubuntu or kali linux probably ubuntu as i run kali live without problems, but during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by The wired guy, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Linux installation error regarding RST

I am attempting to setup dual boot with the latest distro of ubuntu or kali linux probably ubuntu as i run kali live without problems, but during the setup it asked me to turn off RST. After i did this however, i recieved the blue screen of death. I turned it off and my pc worked fine, but i am still unable to install linux. I believe this has something relating to my laptop using optane memory but am not sure.

:)

The wired guy, Jul 18, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue

When using the Kyhi boot if the Intel RST acceleration can be disabled the 750 GB drive in RAID 0 can then be moved to any computer and the files read.

Intel was contacted regarding the Intel RST and they indicated that the Intel RST is a HP driver.
    HP was contacted regarding the failure to install the driver(s) and they indicated that they troubleshoot hardware and not software.

When using Kyhi boot rescue does the classification as to whether it is software or a driver impact the ability to install?

Are there any other steps to get the software or drive installed when using Kyhi boot rescue?

There was an error log for the Intel RST.
    Amazingly there was no troubleshooting support of the log available at Intel or HP.

SIW2 the steps that were listed in the post #6 I was not able to interpret.
    Please use alternative words and steps so that they can be followed by a beginner.

zbook, Jul 18, 2020
  3. prescient Win User
    RST

why i cant install RST and i get error message that this platform not supported
    i just installed it on a previous similar platform and it worked

prescient, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Depth Win User

Linux installation error regarding RST

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Linux installation error regarding RST

1. Linux installation error regarding RST - Similar Threads - Linux installation error

2. Error installing Windows on a computer with Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error installing Windows on a computer with Linux: I have a Linux system with an AMD processor, but when I try to install Windows, I encounter an error indicating that I lack device drivers. I read online that this issue can be resolved by installing drivers for storage and chipsets. However, the problem lies in the fact that...
  3. Error installing Windows on a computer with Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error installing Windows on a computer with Linux: I have a Linux system with an AMD processor, but when I try to install Windows, I encounter an error indicating that I lack device drivers. I read online that this issue can be resolved by installing drivers for storage and chipsets. However, the problem lies in the fact that...
  4. Linux install error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Linux install error: wsl --install The requested operation requires elevation. I want to install linux on my pc it is giving me error like this , how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-install-error/9e9b5bb2-3be3-4279-b7d9-e951e9a356e7
  5. Linux install error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux install error: wsl --install The requested operation requires elevation. I want to install linux on my pc it is giving me error like this , how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-install-error/9e9b5bb2-3be3-4279-b7d9-e951e9a356e7
  6. Linux install error

7. Have RST Drivers but RST not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have RST Drivers but RST not installed: I have three RST drivers in the \Windows\system32\drivers folder on my 6-year old HP desktop but RST is not listed in the Programs and Features list of installed software. How can I find out what these belong to and whether they will give me a problem with Win10 v1903?...
  8. intel rst will not install

intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327
  9. Cant install Intel RST program

Cant install Intel RST program: im trying to install intel RST (rapid storage Technology) to try to restore my once blazing fast laptop. not that it works anyway but the setup keeps asking for .net framework 4.5 but windows comes with .net framework 4.6 & 4.5 and below. so i tried disabling the windows...
  10. Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported

Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported: I've just finished clean installing Windows 10 and I'm trying to install Intel RST ,however, I keep getting an error right at the beginning saying "Platfrom not supported". I've checked to make sure im trying to install the correct version for Windows 10(...