Windows 10: Linux swap equivalent in Windows?

Discus and support Linux swap equivalent in Windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I'm using Ubuntu, my hard drive is much noisier, so I was thinking that it's because of the SWAP feature, (Because with Windows it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Sep 13, 2016.

1. mibaup Win User

Linux swap equivalent in Windows?

Hello,

When I'm using Ubuntu, my hard drive is much noisier, so I was thinking that it's because of the SWAP feature,
    (Because with Windows it's quiet)

Does Windows have an equivalent for SWAP (But it's just not really using it, because today's systems have enough RAM), and do you think that the noisy hard drive is really caused by SWAP in Ubuntu?

Ty

:)

mibaup, Sep 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 gone. Can't install it again

Is there an equivalent Easy BCD program for Linux? I couldn't use Easy BCD on it.

matheusblanco744760, Sep 13, 2016
  3. N9 not booting!

Whilst there is a Flasher tool for Debian Linux under Maemo, AFAIK none such exists for Harmattan unfortunately!

aspergerguy, Sep 13, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

The pagefile in Windows performs much the same function as the swapfile in Linux. Pagefile is a more accurate term but the swapfile name has been retained in Linux for historic reasons. Windows 10 also has a swapfile but it is used only with modern Apps.

I doubt that the swapfile is the cause of high disk usage in Ubuntu. In Windows the pagefile is responsible for only a fraction of paging activity, even on a system with limited RAM. I would expect the same in Linux.

LMiller7, Sep 13, 2016
  5. mibaup Win User
    Ty,
    so maybe it happens because when I install Linux, I allocate half of the hard drive to Linux, and then the needle needs to move more to a different physical area? I really have no idea, I just wonder why the needle is much more sound when using Linux

mibaup, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Linux swap equivalent in Windows? - Similar Threads - Linux swap equivalent

2. Windiff equivalent for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windiff equivalent for Windows 11: I am running Windows 11 Pro. I have read about the Windiff file comparison program that was available from MS on earlier versions of Windows.Is there a version of Windiff that will work on W11?Thanks.Ron...
  3. What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...: Hi,I used this methodwritten in topic in Linux terminal and it worked like a VPN for me but since I have changed my OS to Windows I cannot find equivalent for this command... Any help will be appreciatedinstalled putty but it seems there is no such option there...Thank you...
  4. What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...

What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...: Hi,I used this methodwritten in topic in Linux terminal and it worked like a VPN for me but since I have changed my OS to Windows I cannot find equivalent for this command... Any help will be appreciatedinstalled putty but it seems there is no such option there...Thank you...
  5. What is the equivalent of linux terminal command: "SSH -NCD <port> <user@vpsserver>" in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. powershell equivalent of linux smbclient

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    powershell equivalent of linux smbclient: submitted by /u/ye_sh1thead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v63pv0/powershell_equivalent_of_linux_smbclient/
  7. Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10: HiI need to video myself on a conference call and I have no idea how to do this. A friend suggested quicktime but I thought this was an Apple product? WHat is the best version for Windows 10? Thanks in advance* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10

Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10: HiI need to video myself on a conference call and I have no idea how to do this. A friend suggested quicktime but I thought this was an Apple product? WHat is the best version for Windows 10? Thanks in advance* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. what is the equivalent of /bin on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is the equivalent of /bin on windows?: title submitted by /u/aue_sum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kw09mp/what_is_the_equivalent_of_bin_on_windows/
  10. Is there an equivalent of acpi=off of linux on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there an equivalent of acpi=off of linux on Windows 10?: I noticed that an old laptop I have here has a broken ACPI and it always shuts down whenever any OS (including vista, 7, 10, linux) tries to bring up any display resolution above the boot resolution. But it does work fine with acpi=off of linux kernel (it mainly breaks the...