Windows 10: Linux user annoyed with Windows "filesystem"

Discus and support Linux user annoyed with Windows "filesystem" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a linux shared folder that has a free capacity of ~235gb.Windows cannot move 49gb of files too it because in Microsoft land, 49 > 235.PLEASE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrendanMannUnix, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Linux user annoyed with Windows "filesystem"

I have a linux shared folder that has a free capacity of ~235gb.Windows cannot move 49gb of files too it because in Microsoft land, 49 > 235.PLEASE make this make sense.

:)

BrendanMannUnix, Apr 10, 2023
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Apr 10, 2023
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 10, 2023
  4. Linux user annoyed with Windows "filesystem"

Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, Apr 10, 2023
Thema:

Linux user annoyed with Windows "filesystem"

1. Linux user annoyed with Windows "filesystem" - Similar Threads - Linux user annoyed

2. Windows Filesystem Hierarchal Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Filesystem Hierarchal Permissions: Hi,Why does the Windows filesystem use a hierarchal file system permission where an Administrator can access all folders under C:\Users\? This is a major flaw for personal privacy at a corporate environment. I was recently employed at a corporation where I am an IT admin and...
  3. Windows filesystem won't recognise Linux partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows filesystem won't recognise Linux partition: Hi,Recently I installed Linux mint on the HDD of an old workstation that I own. I installed Linux mint onto the HDD by disconnecting the SATA cable that connects my windows boot drive from the SSD, and then installed Linux on the second drive using a Linux mint CD-ROM that I...
  4. Windows filesystem won't recognise Linux partition

Windows filesystem won't recognise Linux partition: Hi,Recently I installed Linux mint on the HDD of an old workstation that I own. I installed Linux mint onto the HDD by disconnecting the SATA cable that connects my windows boot drive from the SSD, and then installed Linux on the second drive using a Linux mint CD-ROM that I...
  5. Windows filesystem won't recognise Linux partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows "filesystem" error

Windows "filesystem" error: I have a linux samba shared folder that has a free capacity of ~235gb.Windows cannot move 49gb of files too it because in Microsoft land, 49 > 235.PLEASE make this make sense....
  7. Windows "filesystem" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "filesystem" error: I have a linux samba shared folder that has a free capacity of ~235gb.Windows cannot move 49gb of files too it because in Microsoft land, 49 > 235.PLEASE make this make sense....
  8. Windows "filesystem" error

9. You can now access Linux filesystems in Windows 10 and WSL 2

in Windows 10 News
    You can now access Linux filesystems in Windows 10 and WSL 2: Starting with Windows Insiders preview build 20211, WSL 2 will be offering a new feature: wsl --mount. This new parameter allows a physical disk to be attached and mounted inside WSL 2, which enables you to access filesystems that aren’t natively supported by...
  10. ReFS FileSystem on windows update

ReFS FileSystem on windows update: I want to ask one question about file system on format option, why ReFS FileSystem has been removed in windows new update? 2019-03 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refs-filesystem-on-windows-update/9b487fec-de09-480a-a4b4-1a741cacaa4c"