Windows 10: Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix

Discus and support Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks if you use python 3 on Linux VM's and use deluge as your torrent client you will need to install python3-cairo or it won't start. If you get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Sep 6, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix

Hi folks
    if you use python 3 on Linux VM's and use deluge as your torrent client you will need to install python3-cairo or it won't start. If you get message in other python stuff with module cairo not found this error should be fixed by the install. Also make sure python-gobject is installed.

I prefer deluge to any bit torrent client on windows -- I always fire up a VM when using torrents too. Has random ports, DHT and all sorts of decent things for this purpose --free, no ads in it either and encryption too if you want.

Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client  fix [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Nolefty Win User

PAGED_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Happens with torrent clients)

I've been getting this error with every single torrent client except for Vuze. It usually happens about 5-8 minutes after starting a torrent, and yet this only happens to clients besides Vuze. I've tried qbitorrent, utorrent 2.2.1, deluge, and transmission
    qt. I've read that it's a driver issue, but I recently upgraded my machine with a new motherboard, ram, and cpu. This happened before that upgrade, and still happens now. I kind of doubt it's a problem with my gpu/harddrives/peripherals. Any ideas on a fix
    or a torrent client that might work? I was also wondering if there were any cancer free older versions of Azurues/Vuze, seeing as it's the only working client I've tried. I guess I could try Tixati?

Nolefty, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Torrent clients are not illegal.

Yeah, torrent clients are not illegal. It is what people DO with them that is. You can download many legal things such as linux distros with Torrent clients. WTF is up with admin.

PVTCaboose1337, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix

is there a torrent client for n900

hi guys,i use torrents on my laptop an desktop an was wondering if i can get a torrent client for my trusty n900,thanks.

warrens2---01, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix

1. Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix - Similar Threads - Linux VM's hosts

2. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  3. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  4. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Activation in a VM, Host OS Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation in a VM, Host OS Linux: I have a Dell system that came pre-installed with Windows.I have replaced my host OS with Linux, and I wish to run Windows in a VM. I downloaded a Windows image from Microsoft, but it is expiring. The box does not have a license key printed on it, and the VM does not detect...
  6. Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!)

Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!): Hi folks Can anybody please suggest a decent (not ad ridden) bit torrent client for Windows -- torrents can be perfectly legal and safe for downloading proper software (e,g red hat - now part of IBM, centos etc linux distros) which keeps loads on servers balanced --perhaps...
  7. best torrent client

best torrent client: you need to have used 2 or more of these to be able to have a good/decent answer: qBittorrent Deluge Transmission 1 of the sites said these 3 was the best ones gooogle is filled with spam from the marketing ppl, cant find any good info (maybe you're better at this)...
  8. Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM: Hi there I usually run a LINUX HOST for testing Windows VM's - but I need to test some new releases of various Linux distros so I've created some VM's --easy enough and running them on a Windows Host. However I can't attach a USB drive with a Linux file system (XFS) to...
  9. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  10. VLC on W10 VM on Linux Hosts (Workstation 12.1 - Fixed

VLC on W10 VM on Linux Hosts (Workstation 12.1 - Fixed: Hi there. on some Linux Hosts using Vmware workstation / Player VLC doesn't work properly on a Windows 10 VM - you don't get any dropdowns from the menu. A reasonable fix for this (apart from checking that you have any Video drivers installed for your Host system) is to...