Windows 10: Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done

Discus and support Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks While it's simple to re-set font sizes for general desktop settings etc in most linux distros sometimes the top menu bar and things like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Dec 10, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done

Hi folks

While it's simple to re-set font sizes for general desktop settings etc in most linux distros sometimes the top menu bar and things like space in things like firefox to enter say a search address is tiny with small fonts too -- it's quite easy but you need to set the font size in gtk option separately.

I'm using the kde plasma desktop but the settings are the same in GNOME and other GUI's too that have applications using gtk such as most browsers and Linux Window managers.

This also works on Thunderbird email menus if you use Thunderbird in a Linux VM. (This setting also works on Linux Hosts so also increases font sizes in VMWare and Vbox menus if you use those on a linux Host).

It seems usually especially with large screens that standard default font sizes are really Tiny --- I stll have a Private Pilots License so I know it's not that my eyes are going bad -- I don't think "Blind Pilots" would tend to get their licenses renewed !!!!!.

Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done [​IMG]

From the screenshot you can see how Tiny the menu font is (it's the standard "Fixed width" one shown). Drop down, select required size (change font type if desired), and simply logout and in again - no need to reboot / re-power on if using a VM.

Marked as solved as this is a method to show how to do it and works.

Cheers
    jimbo.

:)

jimbo45, Dec 10, 2019

2. How to increase font size in Menu and Favorites bar?

how to increase font size in menu and favorite bar

Original title: increase font size

dennisdolce, Dec 10, 2019
  3. swellmell Win User
    how to increase the size of the windows 10 carousel toolbar or increase the font size in that toolber

thank you for the clear help. I followed it easily but it will not increase the font or the stored icon size in the toolbar carousel that is at the top right of my screen. Many thanks though.

I contacted aol's paid help but they tell me (after a few phone calls to them), that they cannot increase the font size or the size of the carousel toolbar. The height of the toolbar makes it all look squashed down.

swellmell, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done - Similar Threads - Linux VM's increase

2. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  3. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  4. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Font Size Continually Increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font Size Continually Increasing: I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and in the past week I have started having issues with my font size. Weirdly, it only occurs with the text that says "File Explorer" in the top left corner of the file explorer, with the shortcuts on my browser homepage, and with the...
  6. Font Size Continually Increasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font Size Continually Increasing: I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and in the past week I have started having issues with my font size. Weirdly, it only occurs with the text that says "File Explorer" in the top left corner of the file explorer, with the shortcuts on my browser homepage, and with the...
  7. Increasing font size in applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing font size in applications?: Hello all- My first post here, so please be gentle *Wink As I age, the default font in most Windows applications seems to get smaller (funny how that happens). While I work in Word 2019 primarily, I suspect what I want to change may well be controlled through the OS. So, is...
  8. how to increase font size

how to increase font size: How does one increase the font size as a default across applications. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/44899ef9-731a-4b0e-aafa-484b54aa3e88
  9. Increase system font size!

Increase system font size!: I want to increase this <CENSORED> tiny font in Windows 10! No, I don't want to rescale everything, because then everything is big like hell!. No, increasing Text size only don't affect system font size! Do you know, how hard is to read such tiny letters under 1920 × 1200?!...
  10. Increase font size in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Increase font size in Edge?: Does anyone know of a way to enlarge the fonts on the tabs and favorites bar items? The old eyes are not what they were, and I'd like to bump up the size if it's possible. A registry entry? Anything? TIA 53632