Windows 10: List alt-tab windows from where mouse at

Discus and support List alt-tab windows from where mouse at in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an additional monitor that I use only two window on. I'd like to switch between that two app while mouse at that monitor. repost reason:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/heroata, Mar 19, 2020.

1. List alt-tab windows from where mouse at

I have an additional monitor that I use only two window on. I'd like to switch between that two app while mouse at that monitor.

repost reason: title fix

submitted by /u/heroata
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/heroata, Mar 19, 2020

2. Restore Classic ALT+TAB A-B B-A switching with mouse, not random

The very three critical combinations to understand before even participating in this thread:

1. Windows 10 with classic ALT+Tab registry key restoration (all over the web, look it up).
    2. Use any program that customizes the key bindings to the fourth and fifth mouse buttons (the thumb buttons); I have been using X-Mouse Button Control.
    3. Set the forward-thumb button to ALT+Tab (if using X-Mouse Button Control set to "Simulated Keys (pressed)" and paste {ALT}{TAB}.

This is not about using the physical keyboard to ALT+Tab, this thread is about assigning the Classic Alt+Tab function to a mouse and having it switch between the two active windows only instead of randomly wandering around different unrelated windows.

Here is list of open Windows for both Windows 7 and 10:

Window A [code/work browser]
    Window B [IDE/code editor]
    Window C [notepad]
    Window ♣ [funny cat pictures]
    Window Beta [separate browser for developer chat]
    Window Waldo [browser used to find an answer drowning in responses by people who just don't get it]

Typically when I work I switch between my code editor and my test browser however this is just an example as I use the Classic non-borked Alt+Tab all the time between any two windows and when I'm done with a pair I will manually switch to another pair typically.

To trigger the correct behavior press and hold ALT, press Tab once and then let go of both keys.

Windows 7 Classic Alt+Tab (correct mouse-ALT+Tab behavior):

Window A
    Code:
     Window B [browser / reload / worked? No? Back to code!]
     Window A [code]
     Window A [code]
     Window A [code]

Windows 10 Classic Alt+Tab restored via registry (incorrect mouse-ALT+Tab behavior):

Window A [code]
     Window X [WTH?!]
     Window ♣ [huge vein on forehead appears]
     Window Beta [violence likely]
     Window Waldo [divided by zero]

Even when you get rid of the crappy GUI garbage they dumped on users in Windows 10 the behavior of Alt+Tabbing once (pressing Tab [i]once[/i] and letting go of the Alt key) is now absolute and utter chaos. I'm a GUI designer (UI/UX etc) and the goal is to always achieve maximum results with minimum input.

No:

[list][*]I'm not going to use ALT+Esc
    [*]I'm not going to use Windows+Tab
    [*]I'm not going to add twenty seconds staring at window explosions in place of 20ms action.
    [*]I'm not going to post on Microsoft Answers because the last thing you ever get there is a frigin answer.
    [*]My work won't allow me to dump Windows 10 like the released-two-years-too-early-mess it is and just go back to Windows 7.
    [/list]

Please, fellow beings of competence, hear my plea! I've probably had [i]hours[/i] of my time wasted by [i]just[/i] this Windows 10 "feature" alone.

jabcreations, Mar 19, 2020
  3. desktop is not listed in Ctrl+Tab toggle

Thanks for the suggestions, DaveM121 and NikhilPosting.

@DaveM121 - I have GForce Experience 3.7.0.81, and I can't see a ShadowPlay feature.

@NikhilPosting - I know Alt-Tab very well: this is precisely where I have an issue! the actual desktop is not listed among the thumbnails!

Window + Tab seems to be merely a variant of Alt-Tab - and it returns the same result: desktop is not listed among the thumbnails.

Thus, the issue endures...

GuyCruls_851, Mar 19, 2020
  4. List alt-tab windows from where mouse at

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

List alt-tab windows from where mouse at Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

List alt-tab windows from where mouse at

1. List alt-tab windows from where mouse at - Similar Threads - List alt tab

2. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution: This is sort of more like documentation than question. Answers that build on this or propose better solutions are welcome, but please spare us the "Uninstall Cortana" and/or "Close Cortana using Task Manager" suggestions. Those are fundamentally broken, since they interfere...
  3. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution: This is sort of more like documentation than question. Answers that build on this or propose better solutions are welcome, but please spare us the "Uninstall Cortana" and/or "Close Cortana using Task Manager" suggestions. Those are fundamentally broken, since they interfere...
  4. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Mouse won't scroll unless alt-tabbed into window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse won't scroll unless alt-tabbed into window: I cannot scroll across different programs and have to click/alt-tab into a tab/program in order to scroll up or down. If I am tabbed into Edge, then I can't hover my mouse over sticky notes and scroll down. I do not think this is a hardware issue, as if I use another mouse...
  8. Mouse won't scroll unless alt-tabbed into window

Mouse won't scroll unless alt-tabbed into window: I cannot scroll across different programs and have to click/alt-tab into a tab/program in order to scroll up or down. If I am tabbed into Edge, then I can't hover my mouse over sticky notes and scroll down. I do not think this is a hardware issue, as if I use another mouse...
  9. Lisit alt-tab windows from where mouse at

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lisit alt-tab windows from where mouse at: I have an additional monitor that I use only two window on. I'd like to switch between that two app while mouse at that monitor. submitted by /u/heroata [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl9byu/lisit_alttab_windows_from_where_mouse_at/
  10. Showing Icons on Alt+Tab and Selection with Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing Icons on Alt+Tab and Selection with Mouse: Hello, I have tried the registry tweak to turn back to classic ALT+TAB, showing icons (not windows) and it works great, but without mouse selection. On my previous Win 8.1 it was possible to click and select with mouse on any icon. Is there any way to activate on Win 10...