Windows 10: List contents do not scroll when dragging vertical scroll bar button in Windows 10

Discus and support List contents do not scroll when dragging vertical scroll bar button in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I grab the scroll bar "button" (or whatever that dragable object is called) to scroll down a list the list content does not smooth scroll in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MSStateDawg, Oct 31, 2019.

1. List contents do not scroll when dragging vertical scroll bar button in Windows 10

When I grab the scroll bar "button" (or whatever that dragable object is called) to scroll down a list the list content does not smooth scroll in real-time but just jumps to the new position immediately once I release the "button".

I've searched online and can't find a fix. Additionally, I've searched settings and the only thing I can find related to this is the "Smooth-scroll list boxes" option in the Performance Options dialog. "Let Windows choose..." is selected at the top and the smooth-scroll option is checked in the list.

I'm using Win 10.0.18362 Build 18362, fully patched.

:)

MSStateDawg, Oct 31, 2019

2. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

List contents do not scroll when dragging vertical scroll bar button in Windows 10 tpu.png

anticlutch, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Scroll bar

Hi,

This issue can be caused by corrupted system files and malware infections.

For us to provide the best resolution applicable to the issue, please answer the following questions:

• When you say "Windows 10 Vertical scroll bar", are you pertaining to a browser's scroll bar or Start menu's scroll bar?
    • On which version of Windows 10 is your device running?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

Looking forward to your reply so we can find the best solution for you.

Arjay Dom, Oct 31, 2019
  4. List contents do not scroll when dragging vertical scroll bar button in Windows 10

vertical scroll bar

I have the free upgrade to windows 10. My vertical scroll bar has gone really thin. Can anyone help (not too technical please) to widen it?

paulinewatchorn, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

List contents do not scroll when dragging vertical scroll bar button in Windows 10

1. List contents do not scroll when dragging vertical scroll bar button in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - List contents scroll

2. How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?: When clicking and dragging on a scroll bar in Windows Edge, or Windows Explorer, possibly other apps as well there is an invisible zone that is a few pixels wide on either side of the scroll bar. If you drag the bar up or down and move the cursor too far to the left or right...
  3. How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?: When clicking and dragging on a scroll bar in Windows Edge, or Windows Explorer, possibly other apps as well there is an invisible zone that is a few pixels wide on either side of the scroll bar. If you drag the bar up or down and move the cursor too far to the left or right...
  4. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical scroll bar frozen: No matter where I am on the computer, the vertical scroll bar on the right is visible but frozen. I have to use my fingers on the touch screen to move down or up. The up and down arrows on the keyboard work too. But still, I would like my vertical scroll bar back....
  5. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical scroll bar frozen: No matter where I am on the computer, the vertical scroll bar on the right is visible but frozen. I have to use my fingers on the touch screen to move down or up. The up and down arrows on the keyboard work too. But still, I would like my vertical scroll bar back....
  6. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears: I've seen this topic come up before, and so far, none of the solutions offered has fixed the problem I've got. On certain web pages, the vertical scroll bar disappears, as if the page is too wide for the screen, even though the bottom scroll bar is also missing, indicating...
  8. Vertical Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vertical Scroll Bar: I am using Windows 10 and Office 365 on my PC. I have a large number of folders in My Documents. One of these folders and its subdocuments folders has the vertical scroll bar missing. In its Word and Excel files I have checked to Show vertical scroll bar options and the files...
  9. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  10. restore vertical scroll

restore vertical scroll: All of a sudden my scrolling has changed from vertical to horizontal/ I want to go back to vertical https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-vertical-scroll/32f438e4-8a2a-45f2-aeb5-809c5c73ef25