Windows 10: List devices and printers connected to the LAN with their IPs

Discus and support List devices and printers connected to the LAN with their IPs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to list the IPs of the devices and printers connected to the Local Area Network. Does anyone know how to do it? 132430 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by puertas12, May 12, 2019.

1. puertas12 Win User

List devices and printers connected to the LAN with their IPs

I would like to list the IPs of the devices and printers connected to the Local Area Network. Does anyone know how to do it?

:)

puertas12, May 12, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

List devices and printers connected to the LAN with their IPs [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

List devices and printers connected to the LAN with their IPs [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 12, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone

I did a fresh install build 10061 so I need to Add this Printer (Brother HL-4040CN) wired to the Router. However, the Printer did not appear on the list. And here's what I did to get it working:
    1. In the router->LAN Settings: assign a static IP for the printer (in my case: 192.168.1.9)
    2. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    3. Since the Printer was not regconized by this build. Click on "My Printer is not on the list"
    4. Select TCP/IP and type 192.168.1.9
    5. A windows will popup with a list of Printer Drivers. If your Printe is not on the lis, click on "Windows Updates" to get a complete list of printer drivers
    6. Select my Printer (HL-4040CN).
    7. Done

Since you want to setup as a Wireless printer. You could do the same as I did ie. connect the printer to the router then assign a static IP for your Printer then disconnect the cable. It should not matter whether it's wired or wireless as long as it is on the network and is assigned with a fixed IP.

topgundcp, May 12, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Unable to find printer IP Address

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Here are the few settings that you can try to find the IP address of the printer that are connected on the same network.

Method 1:

1. Search for CMD on the start menu, right click on CMD and run it as administrator.
    2. Type in arp –a on the command prompt and hit enter.
    3. You will find list of all the IP connected to the system.
    4. Look for the dynamic IP address.
    5. Copy and paste the IP on your browser, and the IP that opens your Printer setup page will be the IP for the printer.

Method 2:

1. You can try to ping the printer name, by typing
      ping <printer name> on the command prompt that will give you the printer IP address.
    2. You can also refer to this
      suggestion
      posted by BulldogXX on January 13.
    3. Check for the Canon IJ Network Tool from the post above, as you have mention you are using Canon printer.

You can type in ipconfig and find your Ethernet adapter IP address, if the printers are on wired network, and if the printer IP address has the same network address as your Ethernet network address then the printer
    is in wired network, and same goes for the Wireless network.

You can also compare the SSID of the WIFI and the SSID of the printer, if the SSID matched then the printer is on WIFI network, same goes for the Ethernet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. List devices and printers connected to the LAN with their IPs - Similar Threads - List devices printers

2. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  3. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  4. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printer will not connect over LAN, even putting in IP address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer will not connect over LAN, even putting in IP address: Hello all! I've just bought a new Canon TR8520 printer, but my Windows laptop refuses to recognize it even though they're both connected to the same network. I've even tried setting it up using its IP addresses both in the Canon setup utility and in the Windows "Add a...
  6. Printer listed as Unspecified device

Printer listed as Unspecified device: I have a Pantum P2500W printer that has been connected to this computer before. Now when I try to reconnect, it shows up as an Unspecified device rather than a Printer. How do I get the computer to recognize it as a printer so I can print from it?...
  7. PC is having trouble connecting to printer on blocked LAN IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC is having trouble connecting to printer on blocked LAN IP: I am trying to connect to a printer on the same network as me. Windows can't see it, and when I look at its IP address in my browser it shows up as blocked. Doing a ping in command prompt shows total packet loss. I've disabled my firewall and antivirus and gotten the same...
  8. "Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed

"Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed: In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317
  9. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers": In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317
  10. share printer connected other PC on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share printer connected other PC on LAN: My office LAN is p-p LAN, every time i want to use the printer connected other PC on LAN, i must enter credentials to connect, how to disable it? Both 2 PCs are Winows 10 Pro, turned off password protected sharing and turned on file and printer sharing. I greatly appreciate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows list all ip devices on lan