Windows 10: list disks

Discus and support list disks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; what is Disk 1 online 8 GB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-disks/70400e46-6603-44e5-bd0d-fd921422f70e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kalyan Borah, Apr 2, 2020.

1. list disks

what is Disk 1 online 8 GB?

:)

Kalyan Borah, Apr 2, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue list disks :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Arctucas Win User

list disks

mobo/case connection

Type LIST DISK

press Enter

(There are going to be several steps, so let me know when you do them, OK?)

Arctucas, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

list disks

1. list disks - Similar Threads - list disks

2. Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks: I had a Windows 11 device that was registered with Intune. I ran a wipe to keep user data - this completed, but on restart of the device it said the wipe failed. So I ran another wipe but this time the device restarted it brings me to the "choose keyboard screen", followed by...
  3. Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wiped a Win11 device via Intune - Now I'm unable to boot to Windows & DiskPart lists no disks: I had a Windows 11 device that was registered with Intune. I ran a wipe to keep user data - this completed, but on restart of the device it said the wipe failed. So I ran another wipe but this time the device restarted it brings me to the "choose keyboard screen", followed by...
  4. Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...: I'm very confused here. The disk fills completely until it simply doesn't even show the blue/red bar in This PC. I've checked in the settings menu and looked at the storage, and the total available space goes down but none of the categories go up....
  5. Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...: I'm very confused here. The disk fills completely until it simply doesn't even show the blue/red bar in This PC. I've checked in the settings menu and looked at the storage, and the total available space goes down but none of the categories go up....
  6. Disk keeps filling, but none of the categories listed in Settings>system>storage are...

7. File Explorer shows a Local Disk L:\ but is not listed in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer shows a Local Disk L:\ but is not listed in Disk Management: I did some testing with a USB connected hard drive, using it to restore a 4 partition Macrium Reflect backup. One partition was without a drive letter. I used PowerShell to assign a drive letter, L:, to make the contents visible.Since that time, I discovered that with the...
  8. File Explorer shows a Local Disk L:\ but is not listed in Disk Management

File Explorer shows a Local Disk L:\ but is not listed in Disk Management: I did some testing with a USB connected hard drive, using it to restore a 4 partition Macrium Reflect backup. One partition was without a drive letter. I used PowerShell to assign a drive letter, L:, to make the contents visible.Since that time, I discovered that with the...
  9. How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...: How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please help. diskpart only showing only 1 disk. my laptop....
  10. How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...

How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please...: How to fix USB drive not detected even not showing in CMD diskpart - list disk? please help. diskpart only showing only 1 disk. my laptop....