Windows 10: list file folders by size

Discus and support list file folders by size in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The suggestion of typing in size just does not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlBenkert, Aug 30, 2020.

1. AlBenkert Win User

list file folders by size

The suggestion of typing in size just does not work.

:)

AlBenkert, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Aug 30, 2020
  4. list file folders by size

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • Resolved an issue were the "Delete file", "Sort by Size", and "Export file" buttons would run into the "About" button and cause the "Directory Size Utility" to crash.
    • New right click menu("Get folder...", "Open folder") for folder list.
    • New right click menu("Launch file", "Delete file") for file list.
    • Aligned total folder size at the bottom to center the program.
    • Double clicking the file in file list will now launch the file.
    Download here!

Mindweaver, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

list file folders by size

1. list file folders by size - Similar Threads - list file folders

2. Number of files in list of folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number of files in list of folders: Hi, I have a list of 200 folders. Is it possible to see how many files there are in each folder without going to each folder seperately?Someting like adding a counter to the foldername, which shows actual number of filesChecking every time each folder seperately is not...
  3. Number of files in list of folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of files in list of folders: Hi, I have a list of 200 folders. Is it possible to see how many files there are in each folder without going to each folder seperately?Someting like adding a counter to the foldername, which shows actual number of filesChecking every time each folder seperately is not...
  4. Number of files in list of folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  6. File Listing in Folders

File Listing in Folders: Why does Windows 10 Explorer not display ALL of the files in a designated folder? I have an App Finale Print Music 2014 that I used to create new music encryptions; then saved to a designated folder. Then I call up Win Ex that folder, but the new entry may or not appear. I...
  7. List folder files.

List folder files.: How can I fall in love with all the files in a folder starting from 1 to the number of files that the folder contains. It could be some .bat or some advice thanks 164506
  8. Folder file size help!

Folder file size help!: Need some help because I absolutely cannot figure this out. I have a folder on my desktop that when I right click and go to properties it says it is 4.25 GB. When I move the folder to another folder on my computer and right click it only shows it as 1.25 GB. Anyone know...
  9. Print list of files in folder

Print list of files in folder: I want to print list of files in a Windows10 Folder. Instructions from 2015 post in MS Community are as follows: Open a command prompt. Navigate to the folder using the command "cd". Type dir>file.txt where "file.txt" is a name you want to call the file. When I...
  10. Make list of files in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Make list of files in a folder: Hello,I have several hundreds video clips (mp4), arranged in several folders.Wanted to make a list of them, not to print, just a list in the computer.On some site I found this: To write in the address line of the browser the full path to thatfolder and Enter, the list was...