Windows 10: List file names than a folder.

Discus and support List file names than a folder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder? If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by White, Aug 16, 2020.

1. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

:)

White, Aug 16, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Aug 16, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 16, 2020
  4. regan1985 Win User

making file lists

ok i have tried it and i got it to work thanks

but my next problem is it only lists the folders not the files??

regan1985, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

1. List file names than a folder. - Similar Threads - List file names

2. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  3. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  4. How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you have a lot of files and folders, it becomes difficult to keep track, and that’s why it becomes important to maintain a list of names so in case a file is accidentally deleted or a new folder is added, you can know by comparing it to the previously saved. It...
  5. Powershell command file to automatically list file/folder names

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command file to automatically list file/folder names: I used "dir /b > file.txt" in a shift+right-click command prompt window to get the result I needed. Now, shift+right-click only shows the option for Powershell. I don't necessarily want to edit the registry to change that so I'm trying to adapt. In Powershell, using the...
  6. List sub folder names

in Windows 10 Support
    List sub folder names: Hi, I have a huge folder G:\Manga, in it are the subfolders, and I want to list only names of all subfolders within this folder G:\Manga to txt file how can I do this? Thanks! 168238
  7. File folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File folder name: When I'm trying to type a name into a new file, it will stop me after so many characters. What is going on? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-name/87c6a0f0-b69b-4506-ac4f-3d340bdc3f21
  8. File Listing in Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Listing in Folders: Why does Windows 10 Explorer not display ALL of the files in a designated folder? I have an App Finale Print Music 2014 that I used to create new music encryptions; then saved to a designated folder. Then I call up Win Ex that folder, but the new entry may or not appear. I...
  9. List folder files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List folder files.: How can I fall in love with all the files in a folder starting from 1 to the number of files that the folder contains. It could be some .bat or some advice thanks 164506
  10. How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names: HI, I have a folder containing 9,987 .jpg's of which I need to copy about 500 of to a different folder. I have the file names in a .txt file on separate lines as well as in a .csv worksheet. I don't want to find them individually to select/copy them. Also, I'm only a little...