Windows 10: List files in all sub directories - no access to DOS/CMD

Discus and support List files in all sub directories - no access to DOS/CMD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like a list of all files in all subfolders together with the path and to be able to save the list to a file/clipboard. I know this can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andrewjmdata, Oct 15, 2020.

1. List files in all sub directories - no access to DOS/CMD

Hi, I would like a list of all files in all subfolders together with the path and to be able to save the list to a file/clipboard.

I know this can be done in DOS/CMD but my IT department does not allow users access to DOS.

I use Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

:)

andrewjmdata, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Oct 15, 2020
  4. List files in all sub directories - no access to DOS/CMD

Is there an easy, simple method to print documents, sub directories

Original title: File outline

I am using Windows 10

Is there an easy, simple method to print, in outline form, the files, subfiles, sub sub files... of documents I have on my hard drive. For example, my Document files listing sub directories???

Also, when I upgraded from 7 to 10, the drive I use for CD, DVD burning,... now shows a printer icon, and I can not access that port??? Solution?

joe

JosephHirman, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

List files in all sub directories - no access to DOS/CMD

1. List files in all sub directories - no access to DOS/CMD - Similar Threads - List files sub

2. How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?: Dear Members,I want to know if there is any command that can show me writable directories in CMD and Powershell. ######Just like we can use in Linux: find / -type d -writable -print Find Writable Directories find / -writable 2>/dev/null cut -d "/" -f 2 sort -u• find /...
  3. How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?: Dear Members,I want to know if there is any command that can show me writable directories in CMD and Powershell. ######Just like we can use in Linux: find / -type d -writable -print Find Writable Directories find / -writable 2>/dev/null cut -d "/" -f 2 sort -u• find /...
  4. How to list Writable directories from CMD and Powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Compare directories including files and sub-folders

Compare directories including files and sub-folders: Good morning,I wanted to ask how it was possible to check if a folder and its contents are entirely identical. I have this dilemma because I had to transfer an archive of 500 GB from one location to another.Is there already something native to the Windows OS or not?...
  6. CMD Active Directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD Active Directory: . . https://www.delmaster.net/246 AD net user / domain cmd . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd%EB%A1%9C-active-directory%EC%97%90/81d92426-cd52-459d-8b33-ac087f14e54d
  7. List sub folder names

in Windows 10 Support
    List sub folder names: Hi, I have a huge folder G:\Manga, in it are the subfolders, and I want to list only names of all subfolders within this folder G:\Manga to txt file how can I do this? Thanks! 168238
  8. I need to copy all files in a directory including sub-folders except one file

I need to copy all files in a directory including sub-folders except one file: I am trying to copy all files in a directory including sub-folders to a different to a different disk except one file. The reason I need to omit one file is because when I try top copy with:- robocopy source destination /MIR it fails on one particular file....its says...
  9. How to start a command in a sub-directory ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to start a command in a sub-directory ?: Hi, when i have a sub-directory "bin", which has a cake.exe, and i type "bin/cake" or "./bin/cake" or "/bin"cake" it cant't finde the cake.exe. I'm getting an error message for example: "'bin' is not recognized as an internal or external command" How is the right syntax ?...
  10. Directory Listing

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory Listing: How do I create my File names with the date at the front of the so that all the files are sorted mm-yy? 49879