Windows 10: List of approved Windows 10 compatible security products

Discus and support List of approved Windows 10 compatible security products in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is now available to users around the world, and it comes with new security features. AV-Comparatives tested a variety of software titles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Aug 2, 2015.

1. A Guy Win User

List of approved Windows 10 compatible security products

Source

:)

A Guy, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 2, 2015
  3. third party anti-virus protection

@davidjose2016

How can you say that McAfee is not compatible with Windows 10 without knowing which McAfee product/version the original poster has installed.

For example McAfee Internet Security 14.0.4113 is Windows 10 compatible.

And, of course there are other Anti-virus products compatible and available for Windows 10.

AV-Comparatives List of W10 - AV-Comparatives

What are you doing plastering the forum with your posts advertising Comodo and spreading mis-information?

Jsssssssss, Aug 2, 2015
  4. List of approved Windows 10 compatible security products

Norton is also compatible, it updated specially for 10.

IronManMark20, Aug 2, 2015
  5. I will wait until McAfee is listed before I do an upgrade to windows 10 as I have the paid version installed on my laptop which is running Windows 8.1

hTconeM9user, Aug 2, 2015
  6. intro Win User
    Comodo Internet Security--latest free version version runs fine on Windows 10

intro, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    I see that Malwarebytes is not on that list.

Rocky, Aug 2, 2015
  8. wase4711 Win User

i think malware bytes is considered a malware detector, not an "anti virus" per se..
    funny that windows defender isnt even listed there either!

windows defender/malwarebytes combo FTW, as far as I am concerned...very light on the system resources and everything gets caught before it causes issues on your PC.

wase4711, Aug 2, 2015
  9. richc46 Win User
    I can tell you, that I was given a warning about PUP's twice from Malwarebytes while downloading software after a clean install.

richc46, Aug 2, 2015
  10. wase4711 Win User
    its caught several things for me as well...I used to think you needed a full blown ESSET/Norton/TRend Micro whatever, but with Malwarebytes, and windows defender, I feel I am more than covered, and it doesnt bog down my system one bit, the way most AV's do..

wase4711, Aug 2, 2015
  11. gator2013 Win User
    I agree,

Testing on 1 device really doesn't say much. I will stick with my Norton Internet Security, with the latest version installed it never even blinked throughout the upgrade. Norton did a decent job of notifying their customers of what to expect. Since the upgrade last Wed I have not had any issues with my Macrium v5, REVO Pro or MBAM Premium.

gator2013, Aug 2, 2015
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    Norton Security is indeed compatible and working on Windows 10.

sygnus21, Aug 2, 2015
  13. Phone Man Win User

Here is the latest from Norton. Even older versions are getting a face lift.

I am looking forward to the Norton Tool Bar to work on the Edge browser when it gets updated for extensions. I use the Norton password manager with FF and they are in a Local Vault on my system. Now running NIS 22.5.2.15 on all my systems.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 2, 2015
  14. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah, being that Edge doesn't support extensions yet, Norton toolbar is disabled there. That's the first notice I got from Norton Security when I opened Edge for the first time. Norton recommended me to stay with IE if I wanted to use its extension. I'm currently still playing with edge though (when using my laptop, as my main rig still has Win 8.1).

sygnus21, Aug 2, 2015
  15. worf105 Win User
    I am using Avast Internet Security 2015 10.3.2225, MC Shield 3.0.2.28, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.07.1.1015 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.8.1057 at the moment and all is fine.

worf105, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. List of approved Windows 10 compatible security products - Similar Threads - List approved compatible

2. My processor is on the approved list but is flagged as an obstacle to the Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My processor is on the approved list but is flagged as an obstacle to the Windows 11...: I'm running Windows 10 21H2 on an I5-6400 2.7GHz 4 Core processor. The processor is on the approved list, but Windows PC Health Check and Windows Update report the processor does not meet the upgrade requirements? Any advice? Thanks!Could the issue be that I'm running the...
  3. Win11 Pro approved processor list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win11 Pro approved processor list: My Computer is less than 1 year old with an AMD processor that meets the performance requirements for Win 11 but my processor AMD Pro A10-9700 R7 is not listed in your approved list. When will Microsoft include my processor on the approved list for upgrading from Win 10 Pro...
  4. Windows 11 Approved processor list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Approved processor list: HiI was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are for being on the 'Approved List' of processors to download Windows 11 via Windows Update.According to Microsoft, the minimum requirements are:- 1 Ghz - 4GB RAM - 2 cores - being on approved list of CPUsMy laptop easily...
  5. Windows 11 Approved processor list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Approved processor list: HiI was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are for being on the 'Approved List' of processors to download Windows 11 via Windows Update.According to Microsoft, the minimum requirements are:- 1 Ghz - 4GB RAM - 2 cores - being on approved list of CPUsMy laptop easily...
  6. Listed approved processor but says not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Listed approved processor but says not supported: I have an Alienware computer and ran the PC Health Check app. It says only the processor is not supported but the processor I have is listed on the site of supported processors. What can I do?Intel Core i7-7700K...
  7. Listed approved processor but says not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Listed approved processor but says not supported: I have an Alienware computer and ran the PC Health Check app. It says only the processor is not supported but the processor I have is listed on the site of supported processors. What can I do?Intel Core i7-7700K...
  8. Listed approved processor but says not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Add McAfee products to the list of security products that don't play well with latest...

in Windows 10 News
    Add McAfee products to the list of security products that don't play well with latest...: When Microsoft released the monthly cumulative updates for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Server products, no one could imagine what a nightmare these patches would become for many system administrators. Microsoft acknowledged two days later that something was not alright, and...
  10. compatibility view lists

in Browsers and Email
    compatibility view lists: Well this seems to be a nag on every start up :/ I've never found any use for Microsoft's comp-view lists so I uncheck the option Alt+TB For both but seems this produces a popup on start of ie11 on win-10 9860 :/ Might have try another browser if that's the case *Tongue...