Windows 10: List of available wi-fi networks

Discus and support List of available wi-fi networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently had cable internet installed. Previous to that we had internet through the phone company...all products worked fine AS LONG AS THE INTERNET... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aint56cool, Jan 21, 2020.

1. List of available wi-fi networks

Recently had cable internet installed. Previous to that we had internet through the phone company...all products worked fine AS LONG AS THE INTERNET WASN'T DOWN. After cable was installed: tablet, Ipad, GoogleHome, 3 TVs, all see and use new wifi network. Laptop running Windows 10 Version 1809 OS Build 17763.973 lists all the wi-fi networks it always had except the new cable wifi network. However, if I go into Settings; Network & Internet; WiFi it says "Manage Known Networks" and when I click on that it gives a list of all wifi networks, including the new cable one. There is nothing I can do from that application though, other than tell it "Forget'. Any ideers?

:)

aint56cool, Jan 21, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jan 21, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Chino Win User

List of available wi-fi networks

Wi-Fi Agile Multiband Certification to Enable Intelligent Wireless Networks

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband is a new certification program from Wi-Fi Alliance that enables devices to utilize Wi-Fi network resources better, and networks to adapt and balance load as network conditions change. Wi-Fi Agile Multiband devices dynamically exchange information about a network environment, enabling devices to make smarter decisions and quicker connections in home, enterprise, and managed network environments. Wi-Fi Agile Multiband delivers new capabilities that provide a better experience with both static use cases, such as streaming a high-definition movie, and mobile use cases such as Wi-Fi calling.

List of available wi-fi networks X2BRYuDg0djRiot2_thm.jpg

Based on global standards, such as IEEE 802.11 k, v, u, r, and Wi-Fi Alliance defined technologies, Wi-Fi Agile Multiband brings a standardized approach to efficient Wi-Fi network resource management that also ensures interoperability across device vendors. Key benefits of Wi-Fi Agile Multiband include:
    • Dynamic monitoring (i.e. exchanging network information): Constant, parallel network information exchange about the Wi-Fi radio environment enables client devices to evaluate the best access point (AP), band, or channel connection, avoiding issues with devices that stick to a particular AP longer than appropriate
    • Intelligent steering (i.e. making informed network loading): Mechanisms allow APs to intelligently guide clients to less congested or recommended APs, frequency bands, and channels to balance network traffic and meet other management needs
    • Fast network transitions (i.e. authenticating quicker): Faster, secure roaming while traversing a network delivers improved mobility and better experiences with latency-sensitive applications such as voice-over Wi-Fi and mobile video streaming
    "Today's Wi-Fi delivers connectivity to services and content for many devices in different environments," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Wi-Fi Agile Multiband brings new capabilities that increase network and device performance and ultimately provide a better Wi-Fi user experience."

The first Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband products which comprise the test bed for interoperability certification are:
    • Broadcom BCM4361 11ac STA Reference Design
    • Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset-based 802.11ac 4-stream Concurrent Dual Band Router
    • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
    • Marvell 802.11ac Wave2 Wi-Fi Test Bed Evaluation Kit
    • MediaTek MT7621A+MT7615 802.11abgn/ac Ref. AP
    • Ruckus R710 Access Point
    • Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 Controller
    • Qualcomm mobile Wi-Fi AC2 chipset
    For more information, including a technology overview and technology highlights, please visit: Wi-Fi Agile Multiband | Wi-Fi Alliance

Chino, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

List of available wi-fi networks

1. List of available wi-fi networks - Similar Threads - List available networks

2. There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.: My computer says no connections are available and the Wi-Fi button that’s usually by the airplane mode button is gone. I have uninstalled my vpn, reset BIOS, uninstalled drivers, and troubleshot with no changes. What do I do?...
  3. There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.: My computer says no connections are available and the Wi-Fi button that’s usually by the airplane mode button is gone. I have uninstalled my vpn, reset BIOS, uninstalled drivers, and troubleshot with no changes. What do I do?...
  4. There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Wi-Fi suddenly disappears from the list of available Wi-Fi

My Wi-Fi suddenly disappears from the list of available Wi-Fi: Hello community My Wi-Fi name suddenly disappears from the Wi-Fi list and it gets disconnected. My neighbors Wi-Fi appears, my access point appears, but only my Wi-Fi disappears. There is nothing wrong with my router. There are no such problems on my other Windows and Android...
  6. Wi-Fi icon on the toolbar not showing the list of available networks

in Windows 10 News
    Wi-Fi icon on the toolbar not showing the list of available networks: [ATTACH]The fastest way to find and connect to networks in your area is by […] This article Wi-Fi icon on the toolbar not showing the list of available networks first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Last connected & functional wi-fi network sometimes disappears from available networks list

Last connected & functional wi-fi network sometimes disappears from available networks list: Hi all I've had an issue on my Dell E6430S running Win10 for about 18 months now which has progressively gotten worse and I haven't found a working fix anywhere online. The laptop is permanently kept in my home office & connects daily to our office network & internet via...
  8. Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!!

Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!!: The Question was "No WIFI networks are shown, I mean WIFI adapter shows no WIFI networks even though it is enabled". Even I had the same question and problem but after trying all methods found a solution!! Here's how: Step 1: Open Control Panel and go to Network and...
  9. Wi-Fi network list is missing on windows10

Wi-Fi network list is missing on windows10: Hi guys, I have a Wi-Fi connection issue on windows10. OS version: Windows10 1099 18363.836 Network adapter: Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Wireless Adapter Issue repeat step: 1. Connect a WLAN network for example A-WLAN, I can connect it successfully. 2. Open the...
  10. Wi-fi settings and available networks

Wi-fi settings and available networks: I am trying to connect an EchoDot to my network but wi-fi settings will not show me any information about available networks. When I click on the link it just goes dark, nothing happens, no screen pops up, no information at all. Is this yet another failure of Windows 10 to...