Windows 10: list of files jumps to the top

Discus and support list of files jumps to the top in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arden Rayne, Apr 17, 2020.

1. list of files jumps to the top

It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning

:)

Arden Rayne, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Apr 17, 2020
  4. list of files jumps to the top

File Explorer Jump List

Hi, New PC Win 10 installed been working fine for about a year. All of a sudden, could have been after an update, and whilst all other jump lists are fine, the File Explorer jump list won't let me open an item by left clicking on it. To open an file
    from the File Explorer Jump List I have to right click to open the jump list then right click again to open the mini menu and then I can left click the word Open. This is so annoying when you're used to just left clicking the file once the jump list is open.
    Any ideas anyone apart from restore. thanks.

JohnBarrieUnsworth, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

list of files jumps to the top

1. list of files jumps to the top - Similar Threads - list files jumps

2. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  3. JUMP Lists

in Windows 10 Customization
    JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  4. File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.: I bought a new PC Dell that i s a great device, super fast. However, after I had it a month or so File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving. It has nothing to do with Personalization/Auto Accent Color selections, etc. i have all thi soff. Two points:1....
  5. File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN: Windows 10 Enterprise ver. 1909 on my work laptop that I have local admin rights but don't manage. After I connect to F5 VPN via IE, File Explorer jumps to the top file in the list every 10 seconds or so as if I pressed the Home button. I haven't been able to find anything...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files: This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem my search shows a...
  7. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...
  8. File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds

File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds: I have read every page of the forum on the subject: "File Explorer Keeps Jumping Back To The Top" and the most poplular solution regarding turning off the "Automactically Select Color" option referred to apparently has nothing to do with my problem because I have gone in to...
  9. Jump list

Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  10. jump list

jump list: hello people is there a hack or tweak out there that wil let me change the order of my pinned itmes in the jumplist you used to be able to drag them,,, but no more 92365

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show recently opened items in jump list greyed out windows 10