Windows 10: List of Win 10 system files that contain icons.

Discus and support List of Win 10 system files that contain icons. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example for changing the icons for folder shortcuts and the like. Perhaps some will find this useful. c:\windows\system32\imageres.dll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nerd137503, Mar 11, 2024.

1. List of Win 10 system files that contain icons.

For example for changing the icons for folder shortcuts and the like.

Perhaps some will find this useful.

c:\windows\system32\imageres.dll c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll c:\windows\system32\pifmgr.dll c:\windows\explorer.exe c:\windows\system32\accessibilitycpl.dll c:\windows\system32\ddores.dll c:\windows\system32\moricons.dll c:\windows\system32\mmcndmgr.dll c:\windows\system32\netcenter.dll c:\windows\system32netshell.dll c:\windows\system32\networkexplorer.dll c:\windows\system32\pnidui.dll c:\windows\system32\sensorscpl.dll c:\windows\system32\setupapi.dll c:\windows\system32\wmploc.dll c:\windows\system32\wpdshext.dll c:\windows\system32\compstui.dll c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll c:\windows\system32\dmdskres.dll c:\windows\system32\dsuiext.dll c:\windows\system32\mstscax.dll c:\windows\system32\wiashext.dll c:\windows\system32\comres.dll c:\windows\system32\mstsc.exe

submitted by /u/nerd137503
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nerd137503, Mar 11, 2024
  2. XPEHOPE3 Win User

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

I ran into the very same issue with the latest GPU-Z version at Win 10 x64 - I rename the desktop shortcut and after some time I see blank icon for it, and reinstall-rename solution also won't survive restart. The solution I came up with was to extract the icon from GPU-Z and use it instead. This is yet to disappear after multiple restarts.

XPEHOPE3, Mar 11, 2024
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 11, 2024
  4. List of Win 10 system files that contain icons.

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 11, 2024
Thema:

List of Win 10 system files that contain icons.

1. List of Win 10 system files that contain icons. - Similar Threads - List system files

2. Using Win 10 file explorer, details view, the list of files shows the mini icon for a third...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Win 10 file explorer, details view, the list of files shows the mini icon for a third...: Using Win 10 file explorer, details view, the list of files shows the mini icon for a third party program in front of the file name. Can this feature be turned off? How?...
  3. Using Win 10 file explorer, details view, the list of files shows the mini icon for a third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Win 10 file explorer, details view, the list of files shows the mini icon for a third...: Using Win 10 file explorer, details view, the list of files shows the mini icon for a third party program in front of the file name. Can this feature be turned off? How?...
  4. Using Win 10 file explorer, details view, the list of files shows the mini icon for a third...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. List subfolders containing documents

List subfolders containing documents: Hi,I have a large folder containing approximately 3000 subfolders, but in some of them I have document files like .pdf, .docx, etc.Is it possible to list subfolders containing documents, I don't need files from subfolders, I just want to transfer those subfolders containing...
  6. List subfolders containing documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List subfolders containing documents: Hi,I have a large folder containing approximately 3000 subfolders, but in some of them I have document files like .pdf, .docx, etc.Is it possible to list subfolders containing documents, I don't need files from subfolders, I just want to transfer those subfolders containing...
  7. List subfolders containing documents

8. Second hard drive contains system files?

Second hard drive contains system files?: I have two hard drives. The first is a 256GB SSD that holds my Windows installation. The second is a 2TB drive that just holds data. I was trying to create a system image of the windows drive so I can transition to a larger drive. When I try to create the system image, it...
  9. DLL Files containing icons

DLL Files containing icons: I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T hold icons, and whose names make no sense...
  10. Win 10 Display of Icons on Files

Win 10 Display of Icons on Files: Win 10 doesn't show the file icon, only Irfanview logo or whatever packages I use for graphics in "Details" view. I have to use the icon view (EL, L, M, S) that puts the icons side by side [not as easy as a "Details" listing for me]. It's O.K. in Win 7 - and I checked the...