Windows 10: List view not show

Discus and support List view not show in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 1803 *.ico files no longer display in list view ["Always show icons, never thumbnails" is checked]. In windows 7 I have no problem when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by atinfo, Nov 24, 2018.

1. atinfo Win User

List view not show

Win10 1803 *.ico files no longer display in list view ["Always show icons, never thumbnails" is checked]. In windows 7 I have no problem when thumbnails is disabled [I could view icons in list view...]. Default app for .ico file type is set to Photos App.

:)

atinfo, Nov 24, 2018
  2. yahanna Win User

How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that?

yahanna, Nov 24, 2018
  3. TomStrong Win User
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Nov 24, 2018
  4. List view not show

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

List view not show

1. List view not show - Similar Threads - List view show

2. Huge padding in List View

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge padding in List View: I'm already tired of asking this to your support but after 22H2 on Win11 there is a huge padding on the left side of the folders in List View. It's been confirmed 3 times to me from your support that it's a bug and that it's a design issue. No one seems to care. When is it...
  3. Huge padding in List View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge padding in List View: I'm already tired of asking this to your support but after 22H2 on Win11 there is a huge padding on the left side of the folders in List View. It's been confirmed 3 times to me from your support that it's a bug and that it's a design issue. No one seems to care. When is it...
  4. Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view: Good morning!Here is my issue. In Disk Management, I have partitions showing up in the Graphics view at the bottom, but they do not show up in the list view at the top. They are shown as primary partitions and not unallocated. This is an SSD drive if that matters. Is there a...
  5. Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view

Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view: Good morning!Here is my issue. In Disk Management, I have partitions showing up in the Graphics view at the bottom, but they do not show up in the list view at the top. They are shown as primary partitions and not unallocated. This is an SSD drive if that matters. Is there a...
  6. Browse list view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browse list view: My 'Browse' list became full screen all of a sudden, and the buttons for reducing the size and moving it to the task bar which are usually in the upper right corner have disappeared - only the 'x' for closing it remains. How can I restore the other two buttons?...
  7. Browse list view

Browse list view: My 'Browse' list became full screen all of a sudden, and the buttons for reducing the size and moving it to the task bar which are usually in the upper right corner have disappeared - only the 'x' for closing it remains. How can I restore the other two buttons?...
  8. Trouble with List View in Explorer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with List View in Explorer...: In Windows 10; is there a way to view different file types like you use to be able to in W7? I’m not sure if this is due to an update or what, but what I mean is I like a nice clean look. In a folder, I like to view by list, and have the list organized by file types. So...
  9. How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?: Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that? 111614
  10. compatibility view lists

in Browsers and Email
    compatibility view lists: Well this seems to be a nag on every start up :/ I've never found any use for Microsoft's comp-view lists so I uncheck the option Alt+TB For both but seems this produces a popup on start of ie11 on win-10 9860 :/ Might have try another browser if that's the case *Tongue...