Windows 10: List view not show

Discus and support List view not show in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 1803 *.ico files no longer display in list view ["Always show icons, never thumbnails" is checked]. In windows 7 I have no problem when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by atinfo, Nov 24, 2018.

1. atinfo Win User

List view not show

Win10 1803 *.ico files no longer display in list view ["Always show icons, never thumbnails" is checked]. In windows 7 I have no problem when thumbnails is disabled [I could view icons in list view...]. Default app for .ico file type is set to Photos App.

:)

atinfo, Nov 24, 2018
  2. yahanna Win User

How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that?

yahanna, Nov 24, 2018
  3. TomStrong Win User
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Nov 24, 2018
  4. List view not show

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

List view not show

1. List view not show - Similar Threads - List view show

2. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...
  3. Paused Videos Not Showing in Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Paused Videos Not Showing in Task View: When I pause a video (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) to look up something on a different page then go to Task View to return to my video it is not there. How do I return to my video after going elsewhere. I am using a dual monitor set up. TIA. 114374
  4. How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?: Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that? 111614
  5. apply list view to only all subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    apply list view to only all subfolders: How do I apply a view, specifically the "list" view, to only all of the subfolders of a folder without changing each one individually. 36806
  6. compatibility view lists

in Browsers and Email
    compatibility view lists: Well this seems to be a nag on every start up :/ I've never found any use for Microsoft's comp-view lists so I uncheck the option Alt+TB For both but seems this produces a popup on start of ie11 on win-10 9860 :/ Might have try another browser if that's the case *Tongue...
  7. Windows Apps Not Showing Up In List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Not Showing Up In List: Ok, so basically i downloaded Netflix to my laptop. Then I went to put a shortcut on my desktop but it wasn't under "All Apps" I went to go uninstall it but I couldn't since it wasn't in the list. It is accessible if i go into the windows store and open it from there. But...
  8. The To-Do List not showing scheduled items

in Microsoft Office and 365
    The To-Do List not showing scheduled items: Excellent. Thanks for posting back solution.
  9. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  10. Wrong icons showing in Details view

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icons showing in Details view: I'm seeing incorrect icons displayed under Windows 10 for certain executable files when viewed in Windows 10 Explorer in Details view. If I change the folder view to Thumbnails, the correct icon is shown, but if I switch back to Details view they're still displayed...