Windows 10: Listed approved processor but says not supported

Discus and support Listed approved processor but says not supported in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Alienware computer and ran the PC Health Check app. It says only the processor is not supported but the processor I have is listed on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve Galayda, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Listed approved processor but says not supported

I have an Alienware computer and ran the PC Health Check app. It says only the processor is not supported but the processor I have is listed on the site of supported processors. What can I do?Intel Core i7-7700K

:)

Steve Galayda, Oct 20, 2021

2. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Bundy Win User
    ASUS FSB1600 Next-gen Processor Support List

ok I understand that these boards have menu support for 400fsb. I currently run that now but my board isnt on the list (as mentioned above). Will I be able to run the new processors or not?

Bundy, Oct 20, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Listed approved processor but says not supported

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Listed approved processor but says not supported

1. Listed approved processor but says not supported - Similar Threads - Listed approved processor

2. Win11 Pro approved processor list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win11 Pro approved processor list: My Computer is less than 1 year old with an AMD processor that meets the performance requirements for Win 11 but my processor AMD Pro A10-9700 R7 is not listed in your approved list. When will Microsoft include my processor on the approved list for upgrading from Win 10 Pro...
  3. Windows 11 Approved processor list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Approved processor list: HiI was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are for being on the 'Approved List' of processors to download Windows 11 via Windows Update.According to Microsoft, the minimum requirements are:- 1 Ghz - 4GB RAM - 2 cores - being on approved list of CPUsMy laptop easily...
  4. Windows 11 Approved processor list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Approved processor list: HiI was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are for being on the 'Approved List' of processors to download Windows 11 via Windows Update.According to Microsoft, the minimum requirements are:- 1 Ghz - 4GB RAM - 2 cores - being on approved list of CPUsMy laptop easily...
  5. Processor not supported but It's on the list.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor not supported but It's on the list.: I just checked to see if I can run windows 11 but says my pc id not able to run it. say my processor isn't supported. I checked the list of supported Processors and mine is on the list.i7-7700T 2.9GHz. Did I read this wrong....
  6. Processor not supported but It's on the list.

Processor not supported but It's on the list.: I just checked to see if I can run windows 11 but says my pc id not able to run it. say my processor isn't supported. I checked the list of supported Processors and mine is on the list.i7-7700T 2.9GHz. Did I read this wrong....
  7. Listed approved processor but says not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Listed approved processor but says not supported: I have an Alienware computer and ran the PC Health Check app. It says only the processor is not supported but the processor I have is listed on the site of supported processors. What can I do?Intel Core i7-7700K...
  8. Listed approved processor but says not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Listed approved processor but says not supported: I have an Alienware computer and ran the PC Health Check app. It says only the processor is not supported but the processor I have is listed on the site of supported processors. What can I do?Intel Core i7-7700K...
  9. PC Health says "processor is not supported", but it is found on the list of supported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health says "processor is not supported", but it is found on the list of supported...: My 3yrs old Lenovo runs IntelR CoreTM i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90GHz. When trying to update to Windows 11, the PC Health says the processor is not currently supported for Windows 11. However, when clicking the "supported CPUs" link, I can find this processor there on the list.All the...
  10. PC Health says "processor is not supported", but it is found on the list of supported...

PC Health says "processor is not supported", but it is found on the list of supported...: My 3yrs old Lenovo runs IntelR CoreTM i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90GHz. When trying to update to Windows 11, the PC Health says the processor is not currently supported for Windows 11. However, when clicking the "supported CPUs" link, I can find this processor there on the list.All the...