Windows 10: Listen to multiple audio devices

Discus and support Listen to multiple audio devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two virtual audio cables to use to play music down a mic. I need help finding a setup where my mic is mixed in with the final output but i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Doogie13, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Doogie13 Win User

Listen to multiple audio devices

I have two virtual audio cables to use to play music down a mic. I need help finding a setup where my mic is mixed in with the final output but i cant hear it and my music plays down the output but also my headphones. Any suggestions? im using vb audio if that helps

:)

Doogie13, Dec 14, 2020

2. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 14, 2020
  3. wb0gaz Win User
    Mono audio (ease of access) plus Listen to Microphone (audio control)

I wish to have my Windows 10 (20H2) machine listen to microphone (relay audio from sound input device to sound output device) and be in Mono audio mode (combine left and right input sound streams and send the combined result to both left and right output sound stream) at start-up.

The "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to take effect until after an (any?) application using windows sound is started. The "listen to microphone" setting IS in effect at start-up (however, the audio flow is still stereo, which is not intended.)

Here is the step-by-step:

1. Start Windows 10, no audio-based application running
    2. Ease of Access > Audio > Turn on Mono
    3. Sound Control Panel > Recording > (double click on) Microphone > Listen > [x] Listen to this Device

4. Reboot.

5. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to be in effect (left and right audio channels are still distinct)

6. Start (any) windows sound application

7. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

8. Stop the windows sound application

9. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

Repeatable beginning at step 4.

I imagine this is not intended behavior, and I'm wondering if it's an oversight in Windows 10?

Thanks for any advice or attempts to duplicate this sequence.

Dave

wb0gaz, Dec 14, 2020
  4. xBruce88x Win User

WinTV-1800 Pass through Audio?

let me look up that model of the card and see what i can find out.

edit: their site really sux... no real information about the hardware. If I found the right one, your's has two RCA connectors near the bottom of the card. I'm guessing this is the Line-In feature for this card.

this is the best I can think of... (assuming windows 7 properly detects the hardware's line in)

Step One: Plug in the audio from the PS3 to the RCA on the tuner
    Step Two: Right click the speaker icon near the clock on the start menu and select "Recording Devices"
    Step Three: Look for anything listed that relates to your TV tuner's Line-In, make sure it is enabled. When it says its "Ready" right click on it and select "Properties"
    Step Four: Click the "Listen" tab
    Step Five: place a check in "Listen to this device" and in the dropdown menu under that select your speakers for the playback.
    Step six: Play a game and test the audio... If its working Enjoy!
    Optional step... go back to step three, when the properties box comes up click the "Levels" tab. Here you can adjust the input volume of the device

Hope this helps, and that it lets you do so

edit: should you decide to get an adapter for the rca, these steps are pretty much the same for the line in on your sound card.

xBruce88x, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Listen to multiple audio devices - Similar Threads - Listen multiple audio

2. Audio Line In Listen Device Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Line In Listen Device Issue: I am on Windows 11, running a stream setup with GOXLR. In order to have my audio route through my wireless headset I have to go into properties for line in and set the listen to device to my headset Astro A50. This works and I have no issue until I reset my PC. THE SETTINGS...
  3. Audio Line In Listen Device Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Line In Listen Device Issue: I am on Windows 11, running a stream setup with GOXLR. In order to have my audio route through my wireless headset I have to go into properties for line in and set the listen to device to my headset Astro A50. This works and I have no issue until I reset my PC. THE SETTINGS...
  4. Missing Listen Tab on All Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Listen Tab on All Audio Devices: I have a virtual audio cable that wasn't splitting properly and, when I went into the audio control panel, I found that none of my audio devices had the listen tab accessible to troubleshoot the problem. My computer is running Windows 11 21H2 and is current on updates, and...
  5. Missing Listen Tab on All Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Listen Tab on All Audio Devices: I have a virtual audio cable that wasn't splitting properly and, when I went into the audio control panel, I found that none of my audio devices had the listen tab accessible to troubleshoot the problem. My computer is running Windows 11 21H2 and is current on updates, and...
  6. "Listen to this device" causes unacceptable audio delays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Listen to this device" causes unacceptable audio delays: I wanted to setup a flight simulator and use a real headset for it but noticed that the Listen to this Device on my microphone comes with a slight delay that renders it unusable (as a side note, in a real cockpit, you listen to yourself speak through the headset without any...
  7. "Listen to this device" causes unacceptable audio delays

in Windows 10 Support
    "Listen to this device" causes unacceptable audio delays: I wanted to setup a flight simulator and use a real headset for it but noticed that the Listen to this Device on my microphone comes with a slight delay that renders it unusable (as a side note, in a real cockpit, you listen to yourself speak through the headset without any...
  8. Output audio on multiple devices

Output audio on multiple devices: Why, in the year 2021, does Windows still not permit the outputting of sound across multiple sound devices like multiple HDMI monitors and built in speakers for instance? Come on Microsoft. It can't be that hard to have checkboxes beside the devices you can select to send...
  9. "listen to this device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "listen to this device": I've been using a soundboard for a couple of days along with VB Audio Cable to play silly sound clips through game chat while I'm streaming. Today the feature "listen to this device" won't work, as you have the Virtual audio cable "listen" to the output of whatever you want...
  10. No audio with "listen to this device" until reboot with option uncheck

No audio with "listen to this device" until reboot with option uncheck: Hi. I have my PS4 and Xbox One connected to my second screen with HDMI and from my screen I have 3,5 audio cable from screen audio output to motherboards soundcards line-in and in windows I listen to line-in device. It works when i activate option "listen to this...