Windows 10: Listen to the consumers!

Discus and support Listen to the consumers! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Personally, and I couldn't find any other about this in specific on Google. But after your update nothing f*Ing loads. It takes forever. My hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ErodeDead, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ErodeDead Win User

Listen to the consumers!

Personally, and I couldn't find any other about this in specific on Google. But after your update nothing f*Ing loads. It takes forever. My hardware is good. Specific programs are worse to start than others. Nvidia control panel for example. Internet pages not responding, every damn thing pretty much not responding. I did a refresh install. Decided it was so damn slow, might as well lose it all. And it was working nice speed, until it automatically updated, and then guess what? It was f*Ing slow again. Plus you add Spyware type things to your OS. You don't give us the freedom we grew to love from Microsoft. You should push a free downgrade to windows 7 and just start upgrades on that again. I'm pissed as hell because I know you won't patch this. You'll ignore it because I'm probably the minority with this issue.

:)

ErodeDead, Oct 17, 2018

2. Listening audiobooks on Lumia 800 with WinPhone 7

I use to hear audiobooks on my Lumia 800 with WinPhone 7 so I’d like to find an app that:

• Allows to continue listening from the point it was previously stopped.
    • Allows to reposition the listening back and forth in the piece.
    • Shows the listening
      point in a size that does not require a
      magnifying glass to be seen.
    Kindly suggest me some??

Many thanks.

Giuseppe48, Oct 17, 2018
  3. CORTANA IN LISTEN MODE

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand you have issues with Cortana in the Listen mode. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Listen to the consumers!

why is local host consume all my network when i'm using usb tether?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Have you protected your Wi-Fi connection through password?

If you have not set any password for the Wi-Fi connection then it is possible that other people can share your data using your Wi-Fi connection. So I suggest you to protect your password.

Also if any background services are running on your computer then it might consume the data more, please refer to the below steps to check the services and end it.

• Press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” and click on “Task Manager”.
    • Click on “More Details” and under processes check which services are consuming more bandwidth and right click on it, click on “End Task”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Listen to the consumers!

1. Listen to the consumers! - Similar Threads - Listen consumers

2. Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...: Hi so I recently got a new bluetooth headset and I am now realising that when I connect my headset and join a discord call all my other apps sound is muted. I fixed that by disabling the headset from the "recording" and from the "playback" tabs on the "manage audio devices"...
  3. Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...: Hi so I recently got a new bluetooth headset and I am now realising that when I connect my headset and join a discord call all my other apps sound is muted. I fixed that by disabling the headset from the "recording" and from the "playback" tabs on the "manage audio devices"...
  4. Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  6. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  7. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I use a school provided laptop and i want to listen to music as I go to school using my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use a school provided laptop and i want to listen to music as I go to school using my...: I use a school provided laptop and I want to listen to music as I go to school using my laptop. But I need to keep the lid closed. I read the response to a question similar to this, but I followed the steps, and eventually it said that your administrator has blocked the...
  9. I use a school provided laptop and i want to listen to music as I go to school using my...

I use a school provided laptop and i want to listen to music as I go to school using my...: I use a school provided laptop and I want to listen to music as I go to school using my laptop. But I need to keep the lid closed. I read the response to a question similar to this, but I followed the steps, and eventually it said that your administrator has blocked the...
  10. Clock Watchdog Timeout Error occurs mostly while I am attempting to watch videos or listen...

Clock Watchdog Timeout Error occurs mostly while I am attempting to watch videos or listen...: I'm not quite sure what's going on here. But a good bit of the time not neccesarily all the time, my computer will crash and result in a Clock Watchdog Timeout error while watching movies or listening to music.I have updated all my drivers, including the audio and graphic...