Windows 10: Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder

Discus and support Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When opening My Documents folder to find my external hard drive, I see it listed twice. See screenshot.Both listings seem to contain the same data.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jerry8AB, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Jerry8AB Win User

Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder

When opening My Documents folder to find my external hard drive, I see it listed twice. See screenshot.Both listings seem to contain the same data. Can you explain the two listings?Thanks,Jerry7/16/2021

:)

Jerry8AB, Jul 16, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder

1. Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder - Similar Threads - Listing External Drive

2. Remove "Documents" folder from the list of "Protected folders"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove "Documents" folder from the list of "Protected folders": This is both question and comment. Question is:Is it possible to remove 'Documents' folder or other "system" folders that were automatically added from controlled folder access list ?Their remove button is greyed out, and even trying PowerShell "Remove-MpPreference...
  3. Syncing folders to an external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing folders to an external drive: I want an app that can sync some of my folders on my primary drive into an external drive. I already use Google Drive Sync to make copies on the cloud but I also want something local. I have tried the sync feature on AOMEI Backupper Pro which was exactly what I needed; I was...
  4. Encrypted folder for external drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypted folder for external drives: My windows 10 version is Home, 20H2, 64 bit. Build 19042.685 I require an encrypted folder on my external seagate hard drive of 1.5TB. I want to have an encrypted partition of 80-90 GB on it. I experimented with veracrypt on my 8GB sandisk USB flash drive just to understand...
  5. External Drive File List

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Drive File List: Hello All, I wasn't sure in which community I should post this, so I apologize in advance. I have a few external drives, and I'd like to create a list of the files for each drive. I started creating an Excel spreadsheet, and manually adding each file name and location...
  6. Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive.: I am hoping that you can give me some simple directions, to list the names of folders, in a sub directory, on an external hard drive. Much appreciated...
  7. transferring folders to external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    transferring folders to external drive: Hello - - what does the code Ox8OO28CAO mismatch mean? My external drive won't accept the folders I want to transfer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-folders-to-external-drive/c08e0d3e-1a7e-44de-b715-970a29011460
  8. external hard drive folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive folders: I use an external hard drive for storage, and sleep mode was closing all open folders and files. I set "USB selective suspend setting" under Power Management to "Disabled", and now in sleep mode FILES stay open but FOLDERS are still closed which is pretty annoying. My...
  9. Folder compression on external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Folder compression on external drives: Got an unexpected result when I tried to compress the backup of my Music folder on firstly a Sandisk 256Gb Flash Stick, and then a Samsung 256Gb T1 external SSD (the data is backed up twice). In both cases when I went to properties to check the compress folder box of the...
  10. Documents folder missing in Start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder missing in Start list: IF anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. When I click one of the shortcuts in the start menu, I am informed that windows cannot find the specified location. [img] When I try to navigate to the location, windows wont let me select it. Anyone else...