Windows 10: Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine

Discus and support Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I've tried multiple bluray disks and the drive just shows as empty. Device manager shows the device as a DVD/CDRom with a driver date of 2006 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pdxtony, Jul 27, 2021.

1. pdxtony Win User

Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine

Hi,I've tried multiple bluray disks and the drive just shows as empty. Device manager shows the device as a DVD/CDRom with a driver date of 2006 - which seems wrong. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, multiple times. I've also tried different SATA ports - no luckAny ideas?

:)

pdxtony, Jul 27, 2021
  2. Kaoru24 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize blank bluray disks or play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

I have a twist to a Windows 10 issue with dvd burners.

My LG BH10LS30 burner shows up as an available drive. It burns and plays regular dvds. It also recognizes and plays purchased bluray dvds.

However, it is not recognizing blank bluray disks (used memorex and and sony) and will not play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary

Kaoru24, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Kaoru24 Win User
    Windows 8 or 10 do not recognize blank bluray disks or play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

I have a twist to a Windows 8 and 10 issue with dvd burners.

I have had a Dell 8700 desktop with a LG BH10LS30 bluray burner for a couple of years. When I was on Windows 8, I had no problems playing or burning regular or bluray DVDs.

However, when I upgraded to Windows 10, even though the burner shows up as an available drive, it did not recognize blank bluray disks (I have used Memorex, Sony, and Verbatim BD-Rs thus far) and will not play bluray disks previously burned from the same
    burner.

It was able to play commercial regular and bluray dvds with no problems.

I recently had a problem in Windows 10 and had to use recovery disks to go back to Windows 8.1. And now I've lost more functionality....it now doesn't recognize or play (those burned with videos) regular blank DVDs either.

I still can play purchased regular or bluray DVDs.

I've googled and tried various things I've seen posted, but no success yet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary

Kaoru24, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine

Can't Play BluRay Disks?

I can no longer play BluRay disks following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 - I've tried playing commercial BluRay discs and recorded disks from my Panasonic BluRay TV recorder.

The BluRay disks used to play fine on my PC but now I've upgraded to Windows 10 nothing will play the disk or .m2ts file - I've tried Nero BluRay Player, VLC, Films & TV and Media Player.

The BluRay disks play fine in my 2 dedicated BluRay players so the disks are OK. Has Windows 10 done something to trash the codecs for BluRay playback and how do I check and solve the issue? Perhaps I should uninstall/reinstall Nero 2015 which I use for BluRay playback?

Steve C, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine - Similar Threads - Lite iHES206 Bluray

2. Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk: Good day, I have a BluRay R/W disk unit connected to a WIN10 system via USB. Normal sound plays well; however when sounds such as rocket launches are added, those sounds are clipped and distorted. Any apparent volume adjustments are futile. Any suggestions?Thanks!...
  3. Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk: Good day, I have a BluRay R/W disk unit connected to a WIN10 system via USB. Normal sound plays well; however when sounds such as rocket launches are added, those sounds are clipped and distorted. Any apparent volume adjustments are futile. Any suggestions?Thanks!...
  4. DVD/Bluray burning issues

DVD/Bluray burning issues: Using Windows 10 Pro, ver 21H2. I have an LG WH14NS40 DVD/Bluray drive/burner that I've been using for about 6 years, before upgrading to W10. Even after upgrading, it worked as it's supposed to just fine, until the last 2 or 3 updates ... not sure what version last worked!...
  5. DVD/Bluray burning issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD/Bluray burning issues: Using Windows 10 Pro, ver 21H2. I have an LG WH14NS40 DVD/Bluray drive/burner that I've been using for about 6 years, before upgrading to W10. Even after upgrading, it worked as it's supposed to just fine, until the last 2 or 3 updates ... not sure what version last worked!...
  6. DVD/Bluray burning issues

7. My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...: My BluRay Drive is BH12LS38 and for some reason I am having this problem since a week ago. I tried to restore, use RegEdit... but still nothing. Any suggestions?...
  8. My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...

My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...: My BluRay Drive is BH12LS38 and for some reason I am having this problem since a week ago. I tried to restore, use RegEdit... but still nothing. Any suggestions?...
  9. Pioneer BluRay not recognized by Windows 10

Pioneer BluRay not recognized by Windows 10: I recently installed a Pioneer BDR-2209 BluRay drive in my PC and Windows does not recognize it. It worked initially but is no longer showing in the Device Manager. It has power and is recognized in the Bios. Additionally, I installed the drive in a different Windows 10 PC...
  10. Can't Play BluRay Disks?

Can't Play BluRay Disks?: I can no longer play BluRay disks following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 - I've tried playing commercial BluRay discs and recorded disks from my Panasonic BluRay TV recorder. The BluRay disks used to play fine on my PC but now I've upgraded to Windows 10 nothing will...