Windows 10: Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again)

Discus and support Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Here is the first time it happened. It was fixed when I rolled back my driver, except now I can't roll back my driver after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lt tony, Sep 27, 2019.

1. lt tony Win User

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again)

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) 3a6cd828-46d7-462c-bacb-26d923ff9b96?upload=true.png

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) ddfffca2-6438-4482-8e0d-2a785b8b2e61?upload=true.png

Here is the first time it happened. It was fixed when I rolled back my driver, except now I can't roll back my driver after the May 2019 update. But before, when was able to roll back my display adapter driver, it would fix the text but completely halve my FPS in some video games(video streaming is fine). Then, after an update the my FPS was stable and the block text was gone. awesome, until the May 2019 update. Again, it only happens to Windows-related applications, not chrome or anything like that. It's getting really annoying now. It'd be great if anyone found another solution to fix the blocks AND keep my FPS in video games. sorry if this looks a bit messy with all the images. thanks

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) d23902fb-4470-440b-80f0-f4b78215a74e?upload=true.png

Here's all my info stuff

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) ddced70f-636c-4265-b033-cf114d09244f?upload=true.png

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) 6cf3859e-cb5b-4e58-af5f-5a95b42eaece?upload=true.png

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) 9f6accdd-f1f6-4160-9383-40048681cb57?upload=true.png

:)

lt tony, Sep 27, 2019
  2. lt tony Win User

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons

This bug occurred to me months ago, but I was too lazy to fix it.

So basically, I went into sticky notes. I see the placeholder text, completely normal. I then click in the text box and the text and buttons turn into squares and blocks. Even the [X] button is a block. Same thing with my settings when I try to change my
    laptop name. It's odd. I've tried updating Windows 10 and apps, but nothing seems to work. The thing is, sticky notes worked fine when I first got my laptop. Looking this problem up doesn't really work out. And usually, people will tell you to update your
    drivers, but last time I checked they're all up to date. And by the way, it only occurs in text-related Windows apps. Someone tell me what's wrong.

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) 9e1dd8cc375c86a521e2bd7e29237721.png

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) 448d24ddbabc77c5f7ec33fe2040c397.png

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) 81534a550d9fa8b78b33410419924300.png

lt tony, Sep 27, 2019
  3. lt tony Win User
    Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons

Hey.

Thanks. It looks like rolling back my display adapter worked. The text is normal now. Thanks again.

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) 716554d62b652422ab9286d331b22582.png

lt tony, Sep 27, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again) - Similar Threads - Literal Blocks Replacing

2. It's happened again

in Windows 10 Customization
    It's happened again: Remember this post?"I was on my computer-a Windows 10-earlier. My computer refused to load the icons on my taskbar google chrome, files, Microsoft edge but would let me open text documents. I also couldn't click on the Windows icon, the search button, or the time or network...
  3. It's happened again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's happened again: Remember this post?"I was on my computer-a Windows 10-earlier. My computer refused to load the icons on my taskbar google chrome, files, Microsoft edge but would let me open text documents. I also couldn't click on the Windows icon, the search button, or the time or network...
  4. It's happened again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. it happened again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it happened again: low gpu and cpu usage*** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Other *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-happened-again/8e2dad9f-9fe4-4ec9-a366-30e83960f713
  6. its happening again.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    its happening again.: Please help. i posted a question about a week ago and it got a response that i was happy about but it has starting happening again but in a greater wayevery 5-10 mins i get a notification saying that a threat has been found....
  7. Black text block

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black text block: So I have a new dell computer with Win 10 on it. There is a program that is downloaded that is a archery program that I use. On my old computer with Win 7 it worked fine on the new one not so much. There is a spot where I can enter my own info instead of accepting something...
  8. It happened again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It happened again: Rest of the internet won’t connect accept google sites. I restarted my router 2 weeks ago when it was doing this and my computer has been working ever since. Now it’s back to being broken. Help. submitted by /u/PikaDicc [link] [comments]...
  9. Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons: This bug occurred to me months ago, but I was too lazy to fix it. So basically, I went into sticky notes. I see the placeholder text, completely normal. I then click in the text box and the text and buttons turn into squares and blocks. Even the [X] button is a block. Same...
  10. Virus or Malware blocking everything literally

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus or Malware blocking everything literally: I tried using windows defender but gives me error code "This app can't be started" Error unable to detect a windows system drive. This could be due to missing drivers, an encrypted drive or a corrtupted windows installation. Error code: 0x804cc01. In regular mode logged into...