Windows 10: Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons

Discus and support Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This bug occurred to me months ago, but I was too lazy to fix it. So basically, I went into sticky notes. I see the placeholder text, completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lt tony, Jun 25, 2019.

1. lt tony Win User

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons

This bug occurred to me months ago, but I was too lazy to fix it.

So basically, I went into sticky notes. I see the placeholder text, completely normal. I then click in the text box and the text and buttons turn into squares and blocks. Even the [X] button is a block. Same thing with my settings when I try to change my laptop name. It's odd. I've tried updating Windows 10 and apps, but nothing seems to work. The thing is, sticky notes worked fine when I first got my laptop. Looking this problem up doesn't really work out. And usually, people will tell you to update your drivers, but last time I checked they're all up to date. And by the way, it only occurs in text-related Windows apps. Someone tell me what's wrong.

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons 9e1dd8cc375c86a521e2bd7e29237721.png

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons 448d24ddbabc77c5f7ec33fe2040c397.png

Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons 81534a550d9fa8b78b33410419924300.png

:)

lt tony, Jun 25, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Jun 25, 2019
  3. er0senn1n Win User
    Text Editor with Multiple Search Replace lines

Hello All

I am looking for a text editor which will allow me to take multiple lines from one text file (if it helps I also have the information in a spreadsheet) and will then replace then lines in another line of that document.

I am trying to make a list for my books and comics.

<Book Series="{name}" Number="{no.}" Volume="{year}" </Book>
    <Book Series="{name}" Number="{no.}" Volume="{year}" </Book>

For the comics it would need to replace the above format so;

<Book Series="{Batman}" Number="{01}" Volume="{2011}" </Book>

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

er0senn1n, Jun 25, 2019
  4. TomWoB Win User

LogViewer for GPU-Z available !

I tried Nvidia Inspector (which is very close to GPU-Z), but it logs with a different column delimiter. With the following steps you can "convert" a Nvidia Inspector logfile into a GPU-Z logfile:

• open Nvidia Inspector logfile (typically "NVIDIA_Inspector-MonitoringLog_....csv") in a good text-editor (UltraEdit ,...)
    • find/replace column delimiter: find all semicolon ';' and replace them with comma ',' (in a good text editor you can do this in one step "replace all")
    • save changed logfile with extension ".txt"
    Now you can open the saved logfile as a "GPU-Z logfile" !

TomWoB, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons - Similar Threads - Literal Blocks Replacing

2. where is the "replace all button"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is the "replace all button": while trying to add a texture pack to my game,which has over 1000 textures,when replacing the original files with the new one,the windows only show 2 options,one to override one single file,and one to ignore it,and it goes for all files,i dont really want to replace 1000...
  3. where is the "replace all button"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the "replace all button": while trying to add a texture pack to my game,which has over 1000 textures,when replacing the original files with the new one,the windows only show 2 options,one to override one single file,and one to ignore it,and it goes for all files,i dont really want to replace 1000...
  4. Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text: My computer randomly replaces the taskbar preview with text. An example is shown:I have no idea why that is. It will show the taskbar preview normally, then after a while, it goes to text. This is really annoying, and I couldn't find a solution. Thank you.P.S. I will try...
  5. Black text block

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black text block: So I have a new dell computer with Win 10 on it. There is a program that is downloaded that is a archery program that I use. On my old computer with Win 7 it worked fine on the new one not so much. There is a spot where I can enter my own info instead of accepting something...
  6. Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apple’s ‘text replacement’ equivalent in Windows?: I use an apple computer at home but have a windows computer at work. With my MacBook I’m able to use “shortcuts” or Text Replacement for repetitive things I have to type in. For example, I just type “pq” for “Please let me know if you have any questions.” It saves me so many...
  7. Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Literal Blocks Replacing Text and Buttons (it happened again): [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Here is the first time it happened. It was fixed when I rolled back my driver, except now I can't roll back my driver after the May 2019 update. But before, when was able to roll back my display adapter driver, it would fix the text but completely halve...
  8. Virus or Malware blocking everything literally

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus or Malware blocking everything literally: I tried using windows defender but gives me error code "This app can't be started" Error unable to detect a windows system drive. This could be due to missing drivers, an encrypted drive or a corrtupted windows installation. Error code: 0x804cc01. In regular mode logged into...
  9. Replacing start button in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replacing start button in Windows 10!: Can I replace the start button in Windows 10 for free without using Classic Shell? Thanks in advance. Matthew. 72470
  10. Using windows 10 text replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Using windows 10 text replacement: I want to, for example, type in "ccd" and have it automatically replaced with my credit card number. I've done it before but can't remember how to do it. Thanks, 98261

Users found this page by searching for:

1. completely normal text editor search and replace