Windows 10: Literally nothing works. No desktop icons, clicking doesn't do anything... Please, how do I...

Discus and support Literally nothing works. No desktop icons, clicking doesn't do anything... Please, how do I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/the_apple_choker [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_apple_choker, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Literally nothing works. No desktop icons, clicking doesn't do anything... Please, how do I...

/u/the_apple_choker, Aug 3, 2020

2. I literally can't do anything.

How do i recover my files if literally every file is deleted to the point where not even Microsoft edge or anything works ._.

Finesm0l boi, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Desktop icons do not work

When I click on my desktop icons I get a small square window (by the icon) that I can click and put a check mark in. It does not open the program. In order for me to open program/icon I have to right click the icon and select open from the drop down menu. I can click icons in the lower taskbar and they'll open programs but I'm puzzled on what I've done here.

Using Windows 10 64 bit OS.

Help and suggestions are appreciated. What do I need to do to allow me to double click icons in the desktop and open programs?

Thank you

Underachiever, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Literally nothing works. No desktop icons, clicking doesn't do anything... Please, how do I...

Icon virus? wtf is this and how do i get rid of it?

haha funny.

i meant how do i get rid of the overlay that someone has so nicely sent me.

Fitseries3, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Literally nothing works. No desktop icons, clicking doesn't do anything... Please, how do I...

1. Literally nothing works. No desktop icons, clicking doesn't do anything... Please, how do I... - Similar Threads - Literally nothing works

2. Literally nothing working, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Literally nothing working, what do I do?: I woke up this morning, logged into windows, I sat on the login screen for probably 20 seconds before rebooting, then signed in after the reboot; I opened Firefox to go to Youtube, and my video wouldn't load, then I went to check my internet, but I couldn't open it or...
  3. Literally nothing working, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Literally nothing working, what do I do?: I woke up this morning, logged into windows, I sat on the login screen for probably 20 seconds before rebooting, then signed in after the reboot; I opened Firefox to go to Youtube, and my video wouldn't load, then I went to check my internet, but I couldn't open it or...
  4. Literally nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Literally nothing works: SoSome of the programs and files won't start/open, including the search bar and settingsSafe mode won't enable nor through msconfig nor through [Shift] + Restart nor through holding F8 sfc /scannow crushesNothing in msconfig window workschkdsk did nothingRestarting File...
  5. Literally nothing works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Literally nothing works: SoSome of the programs and files won't start/open, including the search bar and settingsSafe mode won't enable nor through msconfig nor through [Shift] + Restart nor through holding F8 sfc /scannow crushesNothing in msconfig window workschkdsk did nothingRestarting File...
  6. Literally can’t do anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Literally can’t do anything.: I need help. Recently, my PC started looping automatic repair mode. No fixes that I found online could fix it so I decided to just factory reset it. After doing this, my PC worked for about an hour and now I literally cannot click on or open anything so I can’t even reset the...
  7. Is there anything - literally ANYTHING - that Cortana CAN do?

in Cortana
    Is there anything - literally ANYTHING - that Cortana CAN do?: The forums are full of people pointing out that Cortana is no longer capable of performing any tasks whatsoever other than stating "I can't help you with that' and, bizarrely, searching bing as though it thinks that "book an appointment for 2pm" means "please search the...
  8. I literally can't do anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I literally can't do anything.: How do i recover my files if literally every file is deleted to the point where not even Microsoft edge or anything works ._. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-literally-cant-do-anything/a5140cbe-dd25-43d4-aebe-009e2e0db5a8"
  9. I literally can do anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I literally can do anything.: How do i recover my files if literally every file is deleted to the point where not even Microsoft edge or anything works ._. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-literally-can-do-anything/a5140cbe-dd25-43d4-aebe-009e2e0db5a8"
  10. Guys please help I literally can't do anything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys please help I literally can't do anything!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jonJon12334 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9pd4e/guys_please_help_i_literally_cant_do_anything/