Windows 10: Little logos on desktop icons

Discus and support Little logos on desktop icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I'll get little logos on my desktop icons. I've seen a green check mark, gray X, two people, and a red... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rotdoggg, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Little logos on desktop icons

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I'll get little logos on my desktop icons. I've seen a green check mark, gray X, two people, and a red circle with a white minus in the middle. I don't have any backup software or anything cloud related from what I can tell. I uninstalled OneDrive right away, removed my Microsoft account from windows 10, all sync settings turned off and account sharing turned off. I've tried rebuilding the icon cache and that works briefly. It's simple enough to temporarily fix by just refreshing the desktop but it's rather annoying to do every single time I use my computer. It's everything on my desktop, my games, launchers and programs

submitted by /u/Rotdoggg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rotdoggg, Mar 10, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Yianman Win User
    Little Word logos on desktop icons

Why are there little Microsoft Word symbols on most of my desktop icons? They were not there yesterday. Is something/someone copying all of my information?

Yianman, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Little logos on desktop icons

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Little logos on desktop icons

1. Little logos on desktop icons - Similar Threads - Little logos desktop

2. Little dots in my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Little dots in my Desktop: Sometimes a pixel can get stuck in the "on" position and appear as a white dot.This is known as a "hot pixel," and I know I may be able to get it unstuck by using pixel-fixing programs.The fact is that this only happens when I play a PC game on my laptop.The game runs fine,...
  3. Little dots in my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Little dots in my Desktop: Sometimes a pixel can get stuck in the "on" position and appear as a white dot.This is known as a "hot pixel," and I know I may be able to get it unstuck by using pixel-fixing programs.The fact is that this only happens when I play a PC game on my laptop.The game runs fine,...
  4. little icon next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    little icon next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon"...: as the title says,the little icons next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon" then even changed to a picture I have saved on my desktop?ThanksEmma...
  5. little icon next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon"...

little icon next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon"...: as the title says,the little icons next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon" then even changed to a picture I have saved on my desktop?ThanksEmma...
  6. little icon next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon"...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Missing Windows Logo and Weird Effect on Desktop Icons

Missing Windows Logo and Weird Effect on Desktop Icons: Hello all,After some time working on my computer, my Windows Key does not call up the start menu. At this time the Windows Logo is also gone from the taskbar as are the icons to the right like the network connectivity and the volume control. Furthermore, the desktop icons are...
  8. The little battery icon on the taskbar

The little battery icon on the taskbar: The little battery icon on the taskbar disappeard. how do i get it back?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/the-little-battery-icon-on-the-taskbar/ed0b7fd4-931c-4ebd-9fa7-3614da56b954
  9. Irritating little icon glitch

Irritating little icon glitch: On my start menu, the tiled part, all my icons have the same blue background, except Firefox and Thunderbird which are butt ugly gray. Chrome was also gray but I managed to change it by renaming chrome.VisualElementsManifest.xml to chrome.VisualElementsManifest.xml.bk and...
  10. No Logo Appears on Desktop Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    No Logo Appears on Desktop Shortcut Icon: RCA Cambio tablet, W10, Explorer Dsktp shtcut icons for website pages. I go to website page, copy url. Then clk blank area on desktop/new/shortcut/paste the url/type name for shortcut/finish. When it shows on desktop, it is just the white square with 'the big e' in it with...