Windows 10: Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen

Discus and support Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have encountered an issue where only the space bar and enter keys work on login. Below is a step by step of what I have found so far: I restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joshcranmore, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen

I have encountered an issue where only the space bar and enter keys work on login.

Below is a step by step of what I have found so far:

• I restarted my computer - and tried to enter my pin and noticed that nothing was happening and i could not log in but the enter and space keys were working.
    • I then walked through the change pin process - it through me back to the login screen and inputs worked again.
    • I then tried running the hardware and device troubleshooter and it found no issues.
    • I then downloaded the windows diagnostic tool - it repaired two issues in relation to a windows update, on in regards to a corrupt database and another which i cant remember.
    • I restarted after it fixed these issues and I could log in fine.
    • I then restarted again to be 100% sure it worked - and behold the issue was back again.
    • As long as I go into the reset pin process and come back into the login screen again I can then enter my pin.

I dont know what has caused this issue and if anyone else has encountered it but is there any fixes or other potential solutions could try to resolve this?

Am thinking at the moment I may have to do a clean install of windows 10 but I would like to avoid that if I can. *sarc

:)

joshcranmore, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen

1. Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen - Similar Threads - Little keyboard input

2. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  3. Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10: Running windows 10 latest version as of 4/15/2022. I am running into two different problems as of probably a month only on my computer at home. Using Corsair k70 low profile with Win 10. In the start menu if I go to type something it will occasionally type random...
  4. Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10: Running windows 10 latest version as of 4/15/2022. I am running into two different problems as of probably a month only on my computer at home. Using Corsair k70 low profile with Win 10. In the start menu if I go to type something it will occasionally type random...
  5. Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10

6. Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen,

Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen,: I am using HP laptop with Windows 10. During the startup where I have to log in to get in, the key board was not working. Note only few keys i, -, backspace were working and hence cannot login making the laptop unusable. Tried few repair options in setup by googling but...
  7. Windows 10 19042.630, cannot input PIN on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 19042.630, cannot input PIN on login screen: Hi there! Since 3 days I am unable to use a pin or password in the Windows 10 login screen. It only work with special characters. Meaning, if I press A I get a special character... Last Windows 10 updates installed around 3 days ago were: [img] To fix this, I need to...
  8. Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard appears on login or startup

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard appears on login or startup: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you turn on Windows 10 PC, and if you see the On-Screen keyboard appears on startup or login screen, then it can be pretty annoying to close it manually every time. Every time it appears, you will have to [...] This post Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard...
  9. Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10

Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10: I have a RetroBit N64 Controller, a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and a Sony DualShock 4. Whenever I try to use any of them, all of the buttons on them turn into keys as if they were on a keyboard. For example, the C-Stick/C-buttons turn into the scrolling wheel on a mouse,...
  10. Issue with keyboard input on login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with keyboard input on login screen: I encountered a really strange issue yesterday - and am not sure how to resolve or fix it. Below is a quick run through: I was laying shadow of the tomb raider when I noticed my keys were playing up and pressing ESC key was suddenly translating to the windows key. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard no input log in screen