Windows 10: Little war between Windows10 photoviewer and Irfanview's.

Discus and support Little war between Windows10 photoviewer and Irfanview's. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Been working with photo editor Irfanview for more than 15 years so the tool has become my third hand. But a recent updated version somehow woke the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vestiphobic, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Little war between Windows10 photoviewer and Irfanview's.

Been working with photo editor Irfanview for more than 15 years so the tool has become my third hand. But a recent updated version somehow woke the sleeping Microsoft dragon...
    I installed Irfan and set it, as usual, at default. Nevertheless every jpeg, gif and any other extension is opened in Windows Photo. But I'm a babe in the woods with that program, so I want my comfy Irfanview. I just cannot find where to deactivate the Win10 viewer. I doubt that I can remove the program from my pc, I didn't even try.
    From Win XP to Win10 I never had this problem before, my brave little Sigurd always slayed the dragon.

Any suggestions?

:)

Vestiphobic, Jul 29, 2019

2. irfanview default image viewer

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Photo viewer, let me suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    T.T.D. on this post and check if
    Irfanview is on the list.

You can also check on the settings if Irfanview is available.

• Press Windows key+ I
    • Click System
    • Select Default apps
    • Then click Photo viewer
    • You can also check on Choose default apps by the file type
    • Check if Irfanview is on the list

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jul 29, 2019
  3. IrfanView + Plugin Pack

I'd suggest IrfanView + Plugin Pack (I've used it for ~10 years).

It lets you:
    • View images (multiple formats)
    • View videos (multiple formats)
    • Listen to audio (multiple formats)
    • Read txt & pdf files (probably other types too)
    It's is one of the first programs I install in my Windows OS installs.

lehnerus2000, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Little war between Windows10 photoviewer and Irfanview's.

Set Irfanview 64 as Default Viewer in File Folders, Including PSD

Hi, all -

I am trying to get Irfanview 64 to be my default Viewer for ALL image files, such that:

• All Thumbnails in all folders, all the time, including PSD files, are visible as photo icons
    • Any Image file, of any File Extension, will open in Irfanview when double-clicked

I've been through few threads, and have done the following:

• Set Irfanview as default in My Settings / Associations
    • Set Irfanview (Admin . Options > Associations) as Default to all image file types
    • Deleted the "Photos" application

Yet, in my folders Icons view, I get the default Irfanview "logo" image (looks like a little red animal with googly eyes with "64" in the center and what looks like a tire track. e.g. roadkill) instead of a thumbnail of the image, and whenever I double-click
    on ANY image, Win 10 tries to open the image in Paint, instead of Irfanview.

My entire workflow depends on seeing the Icons as a sample of the image the file represents. Since upgrading to my Surfacebook Pro, this is the only regret I have, and it's making me nuts.

Any suggestions appreciated! Little war between Windows10 photoviewer and Irfanview's. :)

TeejayRiedl, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Little war between Windows10 photoviewer and Irfanview's.

1. Little war between Windows10 photoviewer and Irfanview's. - Similar Threads - Little war between

2. 'Print Pictures' Versus Irfanview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Print Pictures' Versus Irfanview: Since I purchased my new Windows 11 desktop and installed Irfanview as my default image viewer, I've noticed a problem: When I choose multiple images from my Pictures folder which I do to resize them, put borders around them, and save them in bulk and attempt to open them via...
  3. Photoviewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photoviewer: Photo viewer app goes black screen when trying to open then turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoviewer/0c7157b9-144e-414c-ac2e-cad5593554b4
  4. PhotoViewer and App disappeared

PhotoViewer and App disappeared: my photo viewer is gone and the app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoviewer-and-app-disappeared/fa5b8343-6401-4279-a823-f3965ef6497d
  5. What is the difference between Windows10 and Windows10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the difference between Windows10 and Windows10 Pro?: submitted by /u/MattLee10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evrbgk/what_is_the_difference_between_windows10_and/
  6. Gears of War 5 Crashes between multiplayer rounds

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Gears of War 5 Crashes between multiplayer rounds: Gears of War 5 mostly doing FFA It freezes up between multiplayer rounds I can alt-tab out and close it. if I do close it sometimes I get a anti-cheat error. I'm not running anything cheat related, turned off nVidia overlay and I don't have any RGB software. the...
  7. network between windows10 and xp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network between windows10 and xp: how can I get my Windows 10 computer and my xp SR3 computer to network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-between-windows10-and-xp/efc92991-ee9d-40e1-999f-37e564f817ca
  8. IrfanView - New Version Released

IrfanView - New Version Released: IrfanView 4.51 is now available. *Smile http://www.irfanview.com/ IrfanView is a fast, compact, small and free image viewer and converter that will work on almost all Microsoft® Windows® versions (including XP, Vista,7,8 and latest version 10). A powerful graphic...
  9. IrfanView 64

IrfanView 64: I am presently using IrfanView 64 for viewing various files. I have had to download a couple of plugins lately and was just wondering, since I have been using this for many years, if maybe Microsofts own viewer is not just as good now or maybe better? 86719
  10. IrfanView/Win 10 crashes?

IrfanView/Win 10 crashes?: Have any other users of the excellent IrfanView had similar problem to the following please? Or any suggestions on a likely cause? I place an image on the clipboard then open IrfanView and paste it in as a new image. For the last month or two, often (maybe once in every...