Windows 10: Live account will not reset password - cannot login to laptop

Discus and support Live account will not reset password - cannot login to laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After upgrading a Toshiba laptop I am unable to login. The laptop refuses to take any passwords entered. I have reset the password at... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by philllupton, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Live account will not reset password - cannot login to laptop

After upgrading a Toshiba laptop I am unable to login. The laptop refuses to take any passwords entered. I have reset the password at accountlive/password/reset but the tablet will not take the new password.

I have tried creating a login USB using isunshare. When starting up the laptop I select USB as the boot but the laptop appears to ignore the USB.

The laptop has not DVD.

:)

philllupton, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Cannot sign in to laptop

Hi Autumn,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• After doing the password reset, where you able to login to your account?
    • For resetting your password, you've done it using the Password Reset Tool for Microsoft Live Accounts?
    • Does your laptop have a secured internet connection when you have tried logging in using your Microsoft account?
    In the meantime, please connect your laptop directly to your network, then login using your Microsoft account and do the password reset.

Looking forward to your response.

Dani Pun, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Unable to login laptop after upgrading to windows 10

Hi,

Today unfortunately i upgraded my laptop os to windows 10 and from then i am unable to login with live account password. i did reset of my windows live password and in other machine hotmail is working fine, but my laptop is saying wrong password.

What to do? Anyone have this issue?

kalyanSetty, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Live account will not reset password - cannot login to laptop

1. Live account will not reset password - cannot login to laptop - Similar Threads - Live account reset

2. I cannot login into my laptop via live.com password already reset password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot login into my laptop via live.com password already reset password: I have a laptop we have not used in a few years. It’s only been used a few timesThe login is a forced Microsoft ID and passwordMy email always locked in is correct I have reset the password twice and the laptop does not recognize the new or seemingly old passwords. I went...
  3. I cannot login into my laptop via live.com password already reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot login into my laptop via live.com password already reset password: I have a laptop we have not used in a few years. It’s only been used a few timesThe login is a forced Microsoft ID and passwordMy email always locked in is correct I have reset the password twice and the laptop does not recognize the new or seemingly old passwords. I went...
  4. I cannot login into my laptop via live.com password already reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password reset for login

Password reset for login: Have W10 version 21H2 Logon using pin and now realise do not know what password was. But have no option for reset my password on the logon page.David https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-for-login/3798714f-eda4-427e-a1e2-e27cd89cca17
  6. Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password

Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password: Have a MS account which email was no longer correct. But was able to login to PC using a PIN. I may have created another MS Account with the correct email but PC will not let me log into the new account. The login screen keeps prompting old MS account. Tried to reset...
  7. Resetting login password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting login password: Hey, My uncle passed away in December and we’ve been clearing out his stuff. Today we found his laptops, one is a Dell XPS and runs Windows 10, but of course it’s locked to a password. We don’t have the reset disk for it either. Does anyone know how we can get into the...
  8. Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(: Hello all! I am having a major problem. I recently just updated my computer (I dont remember the name of update or whatever codes), it downloaded fine, then I restarted my computer to apply the update, as my computer restarted it had an error and said the update failed to...
  9. Cannot reset child account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot reset child account password: We recently purchased a new Windows 10 computer. We were excited to create new outlook.com email addresses for each of my daughters so we set them up with new accounts. These accounts have never worked. We tried logging in and were unable to. On both. We tried resetting their...
  10. Windows live login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows live login password: After an update my computer would not recognize my password. After 3 days of trying different things I decided to try by email password. It worked! Don't know why but it did. After it opened, I closed computer and restarted it. This time I could switch the option and did...