Windows 10: Live Caption Language Only Displays English

Discus and support Live Caption Language Only Displays English in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to use Windows 11 Live Caption for Spanish videos. I have added Spanish to my languages for Live Caption and moved it to the top of my preferred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Greg Lilley, May 15, 2024.

1. Live Caption Language Only Displays English

I want to use Windows 11 Live Caption for Spanish videos. I have added Spanish to my languages for Live Caption and moved it to the top of my preferred languages . But when I start Live Caption, it says "Ready to caption in English". When I click on caption language in the settings, the only choices are English and "Add a language" even though I have already added Spanish. How can I get Spanish to display as one of the choices for my caption language?

:)

Greg Lilley, May 15, 2024

2. How do I change the language for live captions?

How can I change the language for accessibility live captions? I have other languages downloaded into my language settings, but only see one option for the accesibiltiy live captions. When I select "add a new language" in the caption settings, it tells me to add a new language to my computer. Even when my Windows display language is changed the live captions remain in English. How do I change the captions language?

SamanthaAH, May 15, 2024
  3. How can I choose a different language for the Live Caption feature?

Normally, you could have used step 4 in option two below to add the Enhanced speech recognition feature for the language when the language is already listed as an added language.

Add Language for Live Captions in Windows 11 Tutorial

Shawn Brink, May 15, 2024
  4. churin Win User

Live Caption Language Only Displays English

English (United States) for adding language is greyed.

The step where a list of optional languages are displayed.
    The US English is presently not installed, and there is no other language except a base language which came with W10 22H2. Edit: So I just installed the US English. That is it. The US English is greyed because I took the first step of "Add Language" and forgot completing whole steps.

churin, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Live Caption Language Only Displays English

1. Live Caption Language Only Displays English - Similar Threads - Live Caption Language

2. Can't add language Windows 11 Live Captions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add language Windows 11 Live Captions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-language-in-windows-11-live-captions/dc83c7eb-a3a5-4f88-9365-046619900c45Same problem as this person. There is no option for language options. I already have Chinese and English installed....
  3. Live Caption Language Only Displays English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Caption Language Only Displays English: I want to use Windows 11 Live Caption for Spanish videos. I have added Spanish to my languages for Live Caption and moved it to the top of my preferred languages . But when I start Live Caption, it says "Ready to caption in English". When I click on caption language in the...
  4. How do I change the language for live captions?

How do I change the language for live captions?: How can I change the language for accessibility live captions? I have other languages downloaded into my language settings, but only see one option for the accesibiltiy live captions. When I select "add a new language" in the caption settings, it tells me to add a new...
  5. Can't add Language in Windows 11 Live Captions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Language in Windows 11 Live Captions: I can't add languages into the Live Caption Accessibility in Windows 11, other than the English Speech Pack that is downloaded alongside Live Caption, I can reposition and change caption options, but there is no option to add languages in it._...
  6. Can't add Language in Windows 11 Live Captions

Can't add Language in Windows 11 Live Captions: I can't add languages into the Live Caption Accessibility in Windows 11, other than the English Speech Pack that is downloaded alongside Live Caption, I can reposition and change caption options, but there is no option to add languages in it._...
  7. live captions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live captions: Does windows 10 have live captions feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-captions/cc5a6644-120b-4508-9da0-b1fc2a050f51
  8. live captions

live captions: Does windows 10 have live captions feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-captions/cc5a6644-120b-4508-9da0-b1fc2a050f51
  9. live caption

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    live caption: On Goggle Chrome, if want to turn off live caption.Look at the top right corner of your screen & you will see what looks like a music bar, left click and a small window will open, on the lower right corner, you will see a slider bar. to turn off the live caption move this tab...
  10. Recovering display language English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering display language English: Hi I am aware that this is a topic on different threads. My laptop has windows 10 home build 1803 with English (US) as the default display language. Today I added French as the display language using the instructions on settings. It worked (though gave me grief as the...