Windows 10: Live.com not responding

Discus and support Live.com not responding in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure where to post this topic. For the past few weeks each time I use Outlook, (The old Hotmail account) , the emails are available but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bondy99, Sep 10, 2017.

1. bondy99 Win User

Live.com not responding

Hi,
    I'm not sure where to post this topic.

For the past few weeks each time I use Outlook, (The old Hotmail account) , the emails are available but soon as one clicks on any of the messages , it tends to be very slow then stops, click the curser a few times on the email one wants to open to read a message crops up below saying "live.com is unable to respond due to running a long script".

After clicking the stop button after that message, sometimes internet explorer closes and opens again and all is ok for a time, only to have the same thing repeat itself when going back to outlook to read messages (email).

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how was it resolved?

Thanks

:)

bondy99, Sep 10, 2017

2. Nokia lumia 800 setting appointements in calendar to occur every 2 weeks

Question, I tried to open the calendar in live.com on my 1020 and it is not responding. Help!

annellis35, Sep 10, 2017
  3. bslugnut Win User
    Unable to install apps from my PC to phone, access Microsoft Profiles

Emilie,

I am sorry for not responding to your question...

Yes, I can log into Live.com

Thank you

bslugnut, Sep 10, 2017
  4. fdegrove Win User

Live.com not responding

Hi,

That's been going on for at least 6 months. The script is used to run the ad's banners and this often is quite CPU hungry. I had the fans running to cool the CPU.
    Unfortunately there isn't much you can do other than click an empty space in the browser windows untill a popup windows shows up allowing to stop the script momentarily.It does restart quite fast.
    Or use W10's Windows mail.

I'll need to check my somewhat older PCs if the problem still persists on those. My latest Kabylake 7700K machine seems to handle this script just fine running W10 CU.
    I'll report back on that.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Sep 10, 2017
  5. bondy99 Win User
    @ fdegrove,

Thanks for your response. Oh, ok, I did not realise the problem started back then, I've only been noticing it of recent. I was wondering whether there was some type of gremlin responsible. It would be interesting to know if your other devices have the same issue persisting.

W10 CU, what does the CU stand for?

Cheers

bondy99, Sep 11, 2017
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Hooked up a pc with a Skylake CPU last night. The problem is gone. It's running W10 CU with the latest updates. My guess is that MS solved it somehow.
    Same thing for an aging laptop, it works fine now even though I'd rather not see these ads....
    What version of Windows are ou running Bondy 99 ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Sep 11, 2017
  7. bondy99 Win User
    Hi fdegrove

Hmmm, good to know your problem is resolved. I'm using an Adblocker called Adguard on mine, it does stop most ads but not all.

Good question, I've only got Windows 10 Pro x64 installed.

I was involved with the Windows Insiders Program but never got fully into it.

How did you get the CU version?
    Cheers

bondy99, Sep 11, 2017
  8. fdegrove Win User

Live.com not responding

fdegrove, Sep 11, 2017
  9. bondy99 Win User
    Hi,
    Thanks for that I'll have a look at that thread.

Cheers

bondy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Live.com not responding

1. Live.com not responding - Similar Threads - Live com responding

2. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  3. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  4. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. COM Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Problem: 7.4.2022PC Win 10 Pro + NordVPN disabled and Kaspersky Internet security - user is an administratorHello,There are a lot , 645 in a week, of these Error messages. OK, I am supposed to enable the permission - but is that really the solution and so, how do I change the...
  6. live .com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    live .com: People have to contact me first for me to be able me to reply to them.All of my contact addresses have a ; after them,started about 5 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-com/6e1ae4de-6ac2-4888-a9ee-7719173fc0e1
  7. explorer.exe stopped responding and live kernel event 193

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe stopped responding and live kernel event 193: Hello! I have recently had a lot of problems with my pc that i build almost 2 years ago now. The first one being that when i start my pc, my taskbar doesn fully load in. When i hover over it with my mouse it just shows me the loading wheel cursor. But when i click it it...
  8. Com Ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  9. windows live mail not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail not responding: windows live mail in a constant state of "working online" tried various fixesnothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-not-responding/52242958-b87c-41cb-b805-6b9455e492fa
  10. Windows Live Mail not responding

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail not responding: I have Windows 10 Professional and use Windows Live Mail 2011 for emails. Since the last Windows 10 update I am continually unable to connect to WLM - I just get a message telling me the programme is not responding. I tried an online chat with a support technician today but...