Windows 10: Live kernel event code ab hardware error

Discus and support Live kernel event code ab hardware error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On mine it's quite rare, it's happened twice since the last cumulative update on each machine. And weirdly about the same time on each give or take a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Live kernel event code ab hardware error

On mine it's quite rare, it's happened twice since the last cumulative update on each machine. And weirdly about the same time on each give or take a couple hours. I think it's more co incidence but we have user accounts for all family members and it seems to happen when signing out and moving beteeen accounts (as I often do after native app updates to check they still work for everybody!)

Scottyboy99, Nov 3, 2016
  2. qbdp Win User

G day, Scottyboy99, Cmp21, fdegrove, ZyKLon, Ray14120 and others.

ZyKLon,
    Fast Startup was already disabled as I don't use hibernate - was already disabled.

For the past 3 days I see I have one error "ab" when I started up my computer and it seems I only get it at the first startup after say 8 hours.
    I have viewed the .dmp, using BlueScreenView, and see,

Bug Check String: SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT
    Bug Check Code: 0x000000ab
    Parameter 1: 00000000`00000001
    Parameter 2: 00000000`000001d0
    Parameter 3: 00000000`000001d0
    Parameter 4: 00000003`00000003
    Cause By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
    Cause By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+3d7d37
    I found this,
    Bug Check 0xAB: SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT - Windows 10 hardware dev
    but nothing else.
    *Nerd

3. Thanks for reporting, I won't disable it then as I doubt it'll make a difference. MS need to sort this one out !

Scottyboy99, Nov 3, 2016
  4. fdegrove Win User

Live kernel event code ab hardware error

Hi,

Could be graphics driver related.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 3, 2016
  5. It's interesting, I still see this hardware error pop up in reliability history! I looked at the previous occasions and have noted it happens every 7 days on both our machines!!! Of course if I didn't look in reliability history I'd be none the wiser as there is nothing wrong with using the machine other than this apparent erroneous message.

I looked at event viewer, not particulary adept at reading it and what to look for but found Hardware errors and there was absolutely nothing in here. So makes the listing in reliability history all the more cryptic and seemingly totally erroneous!

Scottyboy99, Nov 9, 2016
  6. qbdp Win User
    Good evening, Scottyboy99, Cmp21, fdegrove, ZyKLon, Ray14120 and others.

Scottyboy99, it is interesting indeed, I have no clue at all but there were no "ab" error for the last 7 days.
    On the 9th Windows updated to 14393.447 but I guess it didn't fix anything to do with "our" error.

As fdegrove suggested I too assumed the problem with graphics card but unable to find anything wrong with it, then looked at the PSU, which is over 9 years old and might be due to be replaced though working perfectly, tempted to replace it with a new one.
    For now I may leave it as is and blame a problem with Windows 10 hoping Microsoft to find and fix the problem in near future.
    Regards,

*Nerd

7. xxx123 Win User
    Have the same problem. Its after clicking close system. And in next boot i have WIN32K SYS in LivekernelEvent folder.

It was on my previos GPU 1080 GTX, and now i have this on my current GTX 1080 Ti FE. Any ideas? Is this related to my hardware?

Memtest86 no errors. Games are not crashing.No Bsods,no freezing etc.

Windows 10 ,newest Anniversary update.

PC:6700k stock

Asus Z170-P

Corsair 750

16GB DDR4 Kingston

Gtx 1080 Ti Fe

Maybe a BUG? because it does not display any BSODs or works strange.

xxx123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Live kernel event code ab hardware error

1. Live kernel event code ab hardware error - Similar Threads - Live kernel event

2. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event: Hello, recently I've bought a new computer and it crashed right when I opened a game. Here's the problem details reported by windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-error-caused-live-kernel-event/c3be114f-a709-4bdd-a976-faa0d85605b7
  3. Live kernel event hardware error code 1a8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live kernel event hardware error code 1a8: Hello. Recently i got a bsod while playing valorant.. The stop code was driver corrupted expool. Then when i went to reliability history i noticed tht it was showing hardware error. Live kernel event code 1a8 pls help me solve this...
  4. Live kernel event hardware error code 1a8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live kernel event hardware error code 1a8: Hello. Recently i got a bsod while playing valorant.. The stop code was driver corrupted expool. Then when i went to reliability history i noticed tht it was showing hardware error. Live kernel event code 1a8 pls help me solve this...
  5. Hardware error - LIve Kernel Event 1cc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware error - LIve Kernel Event 1cc: Good morning,during the night between Saturday 10 and Sunday 11, my PC froze. From the reliability monitor the error regarded an hardware problem that prevented a correct Windows operation. These are the codes related to the problem:Event: LiveKernelEvent Code: 1cc Parameter...
  6. Hardware error - LIve Kernel Event 1cc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware error - LIve Kernel Event 1cc: Good morning,during the night between Saturday 10 and Sunday 11, my PC froze. From the reliability monitor the error regarded an hardware problem that prevented a correct Windows operation. These are the codes related to the problem:Event: LiveKernelEvent Code: 1cc Parameter...
  7. Hardware error - Live Kernel Event Code 3000040

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware error - Live Kernel Event Code 3000040: I just have a new PC and for few days running smoothly (Windows 10 Pro) But in the last few days, I got twice of BSOD - Driver Power State Failure Then, I checked on Reliability history and found there are so many hardware error shown, literally every day this error were...
  8. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event Code: 193

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event Code: 193: Hello, I have a problem my computer sometimes freezes with always the same "hardware problem", I'm really worried that if this continues to happen this will damages my PC, I don't know which hardware that causing this problem, please help me or at least tell me what hardware...
  9. Hardware error live kernel event

Hardware error live kernel event: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 3000040 Parameter 1: 2 Parameter 2: fffff2095d5f24f0 Parameter 3: 1b0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_18363 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033 What...
  10. Hardware error i dont understand. Live Kernel Event code ab

Hardware error i dont understand. Live Kernel Event code ab: The machine works normal and i do not see any problem i am watcihing netflix and then i go to Windows trust center and i see that. Whats that? Windows dejó de funcionar correctamente por un problema con el hardware.Firma del problemaNombre de evento de problema:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. product 256_1 error hardware error code ab livekernelevent