Windows 10: Live lock screen pictures don't change

Discus and support Live lock screen pictures don't change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi It's been a while since my lock screen change, I looked in to guides and help in the website but nothing help I am wusing windows 10, I am up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ItaiRozenberg, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Live lock screen pictures don't change

Hi
    It's been a while since my lock screen change, I looked in to guides and help in the website but nothing help
    I am wusing windows 10, I am up to date and the background is on "windows spotlights"

Would appreciate you help

thanks

:)

ItaiRozenberg, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 14, 2019
  3. TroyD27 Win User
    Lock screen picture doesn't change anymore

My lock screen picture does not change anymore. Many others have this problem as well (Google search). A variety of fixes are suggested but most seem to involve messing with folder contents and even changing Registry entries. I am not comfortable with that.

Online, the simplest suggested fix I have found is:

1. In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background to Picture.
    2. Delete everything from folder

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<somecharacters>\Settings
    3. In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background back to Windows Spotlight

First, if this is a consistent problem for so many, is Microsoft working on a fix?

Second, is the above solution safe to try?

I'd prefer it if someone from Microsoft Tech Support would weigh in on this.

Thanks,

Troy

TroyD27, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Live lock screen pictures don't change

Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Live lock screen pictures don't change

1. Live lock screen pictures don't change - Similar Threads - Live lock screen

2. Lock Screen Picture Not Changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Picture Not Changing: Whenever I boot up my PC, it is always the default lock screen, however, when I put my PC into sleep mode, it shows up as the custom lock screen selected. The lock screen picture changes every time I restart my pc. I have no idea how to fix this, and can't find any info on...
  3. Can't change lock screen picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change lock screen picture: Any time i try to change my lockscreen picture, it just keeps loading and the picture never comes up... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-picture/859bb0c7-b140-4696-ba52-d5e4ad654100
  4. Cannot change lock screen picture

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change lock screen picture: I can select any of the default images and it works instantly, but when I choose a custom picture, the preview shows a black picture with a loading icon for what seems to be forever. Restarting the pc doesn't help. I have the latest version of windows and I have even let the...
  5. Windows 10 Lock Screen Picture not changing

Windows 10 Lock Screen Picture not changing: After the recent update to 1909, I'm unable to change my Lock Screen picture. When i try to open an image and then choose set as Lock Screen it gives me an error message saying "Try Another Picture". I try to change it from settings and once the picture is chosen then it just...
  6. Unable to change lock screen picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to change lock screen picture: For months I haven't been able to set a lock screen picture. If I do it straight from photos, it says "try a different photo" with no information underneath. If I try to change it from settings, it just loads forever. (If I chose one of the photos underneath "Choose your...
  7. Cannot Change Lock Screen Picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Change Lock Screen Picture: I cant change the lock screen background and keeps saying "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization", I have tried all methods i can find. most lead back to having no gpedit details: I am using windows 10 home, my admin account is using a .gmail email my...
  8. Changing Lock Screen Picture to Wallpaper

Changing Lock Screen Picture to Wallpaper: How do I make the lock screen pic become my wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-lock-screen-picture-to-wallpaper/c13aa5e8-fe0b-4067-84a3-6cbae2b57566
  9. Lock screen not changing picture

Lock screen not changing picture: So when I go to the lock screen in Windows 10 I can select a picture and the preview shows it fine. However when I actually lock my PC it still shows the default Windows 10 one. (Not a solid colour) PC upgraded from Windows 7 recently. All updates applied. I have tried...
  10. Lock Screen picture changes

Lock Screen picture changes: I have windows 10 on a desktop. I keep changing my lockscreen to the picture I want. It'll stay that way for a while but then it changes to the cover photo from my facebook page. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Its driving me crazy! 23608